Scroll Down for the Video
Thanksgiving is approaching fast. Especially at this time of year, we pause to think about our lives. We consider all that we have to be thankful for. It’s a good time to examine our lives and consider the choices we make that bring blessings and also those that are harmful and some even sinful.
Let’s use an illustration to examine our lives. Think of a water glass as representing your life. The “water” that fills the “glass” is that which fills your life. Now think about the “water.” Is it clean, fresh water? Or is it muddy water? We all make choices about the kind of “water” that fills our “glass.”
Acceptance or rejection
Approval or condemnation
Blessings or misfortunes
Boldness or timidity
Cheer or misery
Comfort or torment
Consolation or affliction
Contentment or anguish
Devotion or disregard
Discretion or indiscretion
Enthusiasm or indifference
Faithfulness or apostasy
Fellowship or enmity
Fidelity or disloyalty
Friendship or estrangement
Knowledge or ignorance
Love or heartache
Gentleness or hardness
Godliness or godlessness
Good fortune or calamity
Goodness or corruption
Graciousness or conditionality
Health or sickness
Holiness or wickedness
Honor or dishonor
Hope or despair
Humility or pride
Joys or troubles
Meekness or arrogance
Obedience or sin
Orthodoxy or heresy
Passion or apathy
Peace or conflict
Piety or impiety
Prosperity or poverty
Purity or impurity
Regard or neglect
Relief or trauma
Respectfulness or disrespect
Reverence or irreverence
Right or wrong
Righteousness or blasphemy
Sincerity or insincerity
Successes or failures
Tenderness or roughness
Thoughtfulness or thoughtlessness
Truth or lies
Wisdom or stupidity
Worship or neglect
You get the idea. The question is not whether your “glass” (your life) is half empty or half full. The real question is, what fills your glass?
We all choose what fills our glass.
Watch this short video and be inspired by knowing that because you are in Christ your glass is always half filled with exactly what you need. In Christ, we have everything we need. So we should always give thanks for our “glass” and praise our God. We should always let His fullness in our “glass” direct that which fills the rest.
I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify Him with thanksgiving. Ps 69:30
The Top Ten from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.