Scroll Down for the Video
Thanksgiving is approaching fast. Especially at this time of year, we pause to think about our lives. We consider all that we have to be thankful for. It’s a good time to examine our lives and consider the choices we make that bring blessings and also those that are harmful and some even sinful.
Let’s use an illustration to examine our lives. Think of a water glass as representing your life. The “water” that fills the “glass” is that which fills your life. Now think about the “water.” Is it clean, fresh water? Or is it muddy water? We all make choices about the kind of “water” that fills our “glass.”
Acceptance or rejection
Approval or condemnation
Blessings or misfortunes
Boldness or timidity
Cheer or misery
Comfort or torment
Consolation or affliction
Contentment or anguish
Devotion or disregard
Discretion or indiscretion
Enthusiasm or indifference
Faithfulness or apostasy
Fellowship or enmity
Fidelity or disloyalty
Friendship or estrangement
Knowledge or ignorance
Love or heartache
Gentleness or hardness
Godliness or godlessness
Good fortune or calamity
Goodness or corruption
Graciousness or conditionality
Health or sickness
Holiness or wickedness
Honor or dishonor
Hope or despair
Humility or pride
Joys or troubles
Meekness or arrogance
Obedience or sin
Orthodoxy or heresy
Passion or apathy
Peace or conflict
Piety or impiety
Prosperity or poverty
Purity or impurity
Regard or neglect
Relief or trauma
Respectfulness or disrespect
Reverence or irreverence
Right or wrong
Righteousness or blasphemy
Sincerity or insincerity
Successes or failures
Tenderness or roughness
Thoughtfulness or thoughtlessness
Truth or lies
Wisdom or stupidity
Worship or neglect
You get the idea. The question is not whether your “glass” (your life) is half empty or half full. The real question is, what fills your glass?
We all choose what fills our glass.
Watch this short video and be inspired by knowing that because you are in Christ your glass is always half filled with exactly what you need. In Christ, we have everything we need. So we should always give thanks for our “glass” and praise our God. We should always let His fullness in our “glass” direct that which fills the rest.
I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify Him with thanksgiving. Ps 69:30
Christmas-themed GOT QUESTIONS?
- The Most Important Lesson for YOU in the Nativity Story?
- Misconceptions about the Journey to Bethlehem
- How did the Wise Men know to follow His star?
- What is the significance of the Three Kings' gifts?
- Who were the Three Wise Men? Fact or legend?
- Was Jesus born in a stable, a cave or a house?
- Was Mary a Levite, making Jesus both King and Priest?
- Was Jesus born in September (not December?)
- Should we celebrate Jesus’ birthday in September?
- How did Jesus become a man?
- A Boastful Christmas Letter
- Peace Delivers Hope
- Promise Ignites Hope
- Preparation Produces Hope
- Prophesy Reveals Hope
- Alone at Christmas? Feeling lonely?
- Another reason God came to dwell with man.
- How can you have a white Christmas without snow?
- Christmas, abortion and Joseph, the forgotten man of Christmas
- Remember the Wonder of Christmas
- Will you find rest, peace and joy this advent season?
- A Christmas Morning Prayer by Robert Louis Stevenson (1850-1894)
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIEDon Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
Is my TATTOO a sin?
The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible? The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Is it a sin to be FAT?
To TAT (tattoo) or Not to Tat? Is That the Question?
What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
CanJEWSgo toHEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAMSay on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge