Scroll Down for the Video
Thanksgiving is approaching fast. Especially at this time of year, we pause to think about our lives. We consider all that we have to be thankful for. It’s a good time to examine our lives and consider the choices we make that bring blessings and also those that are harmful and some even sinful.
Let’s use an illustration to examine our lives. Think of a water glass as representing your life. The “water” that fills the “glass” is that which fills your life. Now think about the “water.” Is it clean, fresh water? Or is it muddy water? We all make choices about the kind of “water” that fills our “glass.”
Approval or condemnation
Blessings or misfortunes
Boldness or timidity
Cheer or misery
Comfort or torment
Consolation or affliction
Contentment or anguish
Devotion or disregard
Discretion or indiscretion
Enthusiasm or indifference
Faithfulness or apostasy
Fellowship or enmity
Fidelity or disloyalty
Friendship or estrangement
Knowledge or ignorance
Love or heartache
Godliness or godlessness
Good fortune or calamity
Goodness or corruption
Graciousness or conditionality
Health or sickness
Holiness or wickedness
Honor or dishonor
Hope or despair
Humility or pride
Joys or troubles
Meekness or arrogance
Obedience or sin
Orthodoxy or heresy
Passion or apathy
Peace or conflict
Piety or impiety
Purity or impurity
Regard or neglect
Relief or trauma
Respectfulness or disrespect
Reverence or irreverence
Right or wrong
Righteousness or blasphemy
Sincerity or insincerity
Successes or failures
Tenderness or roughness
Thoughtfulness or thoughtlessness
Truth or lies
Wisdom or stupidity
Worship or neglect
You get the idea. The question is not whether your “glass” (your life) is half empty or half full. The real question is, what fills your glass?
We all choose what fills our glass.
Watch this short video and be inspired by knowing that because you are in Christ your glass is always half filled with exactly what you need. In Christ, we have everything we need. So we should always give thanks for our “glass” and praise our God. We should always let His fullness in our “glass” direct that which fills the rest.
I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify Him with thanksgiving. Ps 69:30
More about Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving When the Sun Doesn't Always Shine (video)
Thanksgiving As We Pass Through the Seasons of Life (video)
What Can We Learn About Thanksgiving from Charlie Brown?
How to Celebrate a COVID-Year Thanksgiving with Social Distancing?
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Quiz
Our Thanksgiving Overflows (video)
The Mayflower Compact
A Thanksgiving Day Meditation — Quotes from William Bradford
Is America Still Worth Loving? Still Worth Our Thanksgiving?
Is Thanksgiving Day Biblical?
Remembrance Equals Thanksgiving
Is Your Thanksgiving Glass ½ Empty or ½ Full?(video)
How Full of Thanksgiving is Your Life?
How can I make Thanksgiving “Christian” when non-believers will be at my house?
A Thanksgiving Lesson from a New York City Courtroom
What Does It Mean to Taste & See That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
Thank You, Lord (video)
Ways to Glorify God - Bookmark
Seven Benefits of Knowing God-A Psalm of Thanksgiving
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
This is not a Got Questions? article. But it's so popular it ranked among the top pages viewed:
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED