A most familiar verse for this new day,
- “For by grace you have been saved through faith” (Ephesians 2:8 – NASB)
Yesterday I noticed and read some notes I had made in one of my two Bibles (I have a much-used NASB 1977 and a much-used NKJV) regarding “grace.” I thought I might share them with you.
- GRACE – “Grace is the good pleasure of God that inclines Him to bestow benefits on the undeserving.” (A. W. Tozer)
- GRACE – (is) “the unmerited operation of God in the heart of man, effected through the agency of the Holy Spirit.” (Berkhoff)
- GRACE – “At the heart of the term grace is the idea of divine favor.” (J. MacArthur)
- GRACE – The Hebrew for “grace” is chen, translated “favor” in Genesis 6:8 (NASB).
- GRACE – In the New Testament the Greek for “grace” is charis, meaning gracefulness, graciousness, favor, gratitude.
- GRACE – “It is favor bestowed on sinners who deserve wrath” (J. MacArthur)
- GRACE – Grace is not dormant or some abstract quality . . . it is an active, working principle (Titus 2:11-12, Ephesians 1:5-6; Romans 5:2; Hebrews 13:9; II Peter 3:18).
- GRACE – “The free and benevolent influence of a holy God operating sovereignly in the lives of undeserving sinners.” (J. MacArthur)
- GRACE – “Two extremes to be avoided in the matter of grace. We must take care not to nullify grace through legalism (Gal. 2:21) or corrupt it through licentiousness (Jude 4).” (J. MacArthur)
- GRACE – “Grace” is efficacious – meaning it is sure to produce the intended results.
- GRACE – Charles Hodge defined it as “The almighty power of God.”
Just a gathering of writings and thoughts regarding “grace.” Why the gathering and the writing of them in my Bible? That’s easy! I am a “wretch” that by God’s “Amazing Grace,” has become a saint.
- “Grace, grace, God’s grace,
- Grace that will pardon and cleanse within,
- Grace, grace, God’s grace,
- Grace that is greater than all our sin!”
Oh there is so much more that can be written for definition and recognition of God’s “grace,” but for now I will share a few of the notes I have recorded. How about you, what do you have written down about that “by” which “you have been saved?”
Have a good day brethren . . . I’m praying that it strikes deep in your heart and in mine, the wonderful truth of the grace of God, the amazing grace of God!
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge