A most familiar verse for this new day,
- “For by grace you have been saved through faith” (Ephesians 2:8 – NASB)
Yesterday I noticed and read some notes I had made in one of my two Bibles (I have a much-used NASB 1977 and a much-used NKJV) regarding “grace.” I thought I might share them with you.
- GRACE – “Grace is the good pleasure of God that inclines Him to bestow benefits on the undeserving.” (A. W. Tozer)
- GRACE – (is) “the unmerited operation of God in the heart of man, effected through the agency of the Holy Spirit.” (Berkhoff)
- GRACE – “At the heart of the term grace is the idea of divine favor.” (J. MacArthur)
- GRACE – The Hebrew for “grace” is chen, translated “favor” in Genesis 6:8 (NASB).
- GRACE – In the New Testament the Greek for “grace” is charis, meaning gracefulness, graciousness, favor, gratitude.
- GRACE – “It is favor bestowed on sinners who deserve wrath” (J. MacArthur)
- GRACE – Grace is not dormant or some abstract quality . . . it is an active, working principle (Titus 2:11-12, Ephesians 1:5-6; Romans 5:2; Hebrews 13:9; II Peter 3:18).
- GRACE – “The free and benevolent influence of a holy God operating sovereignly in the lives of undeserving sinners.” (J. MacArthur)
- GRACE – “Two extremes to be avoided in the matter of grace. We must take care not to nullify grace through legalism (Gal. 2:21) or corrupt it through licentiousness (Jude 4).” (J. MacArthur)
- GRACE – “Grace” is efficacious – meaning it is sure to produce the intended results.
- GRACE – Charles Hodge defined it as “The almighty power of God.”
Just a gathering of writings and thoughts regarding “grace.” Why the gathering and the writing of them in my Bible? That’s easy! I am a “wretch” that by God’s “Amazing Grace,” has become a saint.
- “Grace, grace, God’s grace,
- Grace that will pardon and cleanse within,
- Grace, grace, God’s grace,
- Grace that is greater than all our sin!”
Oh there is so much more that can be written for definition and recognition of God’s “grace,” but for now I will share a few of the notes I have recorded. How about you, what do you have written down about that “by” which “you have been saved?”
Have a good day brethren . . . I’m praying that it strikes deep in your heart and in mine, the wonderful truth of the grace of God, the amazing grace of God!
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas