A most familiar verse for this new day,
- “For by grace you have been saved through faith” (Ephesians 2:8 – NASB)
Yesterday I noticed and read some notes I had made in one of my two Bibles (I have a much-used NASB 1977 and a much-used NKJV) regarding “grace.” I thought I might share them with you.
- GRACE – “Grace is the good pleasure of God that inclines Him to bestow benefits on the undeserving.” (A. W. Tozer)
- GRACE – (is) “the unmerited operation of God in the heart of man, effected through the agency of the Holy Spirit.” (Berkhoff)
- GRACE – “At the heart of the term grace is the idea of divine favor.” (J. MacArthur)
- GRACE – The Hebrew for “grace” is chen, translated “favor” in Genesis 6:8 (NASB).
- GRACE – In the New Testament the Greek for “grace” is charis, meaning gracefulness, graciousness, favor, gratitude.
- GRACE – “It is favor bestowed on sinners who deserve wrath” (J. MacArthur)
- GRACE – Grace is not dormant or some abstract quality . . . it is an active, working principle (Titus 2:11-12, Ephesians 1:5-6; Romans 5:2; Hebrews 13:9; II Peter 3:18).
- GRACE – “The free and benevolent influence of a holy God operating sovereignly in the lives of undeserving sinners.” (J. MacArthur)
- GRACE – “Two extremes to be avoided in the matter of grace. We must take care not to nullify grace through legalism (Gal. 2:21) or corrupt it through licentiousness (Jude 4).” (J. MacArthur)
- GRACE – “Grace” is efficacious – meaning it is sure to produce the intended results.
- GRACE – Charles Hodge defined it as “The almighty power of God.”
Just a gathering of writings and thoughts regarding “grace.” Why the gathering and the writing of them in my Bible? That’s easy! I am a “wretch” that by God’s “Amazing Grace,” has become a saint.
- “Grace, grace, God’s grace,
- Grace that will pardon and cleanse within,
- Grace, grace, God’s grace,
- Grace that is greater than all our sin!”
Oh there is so much more that can be written for definition and recognition of God’s “grace,” but for now I will share a few of the notes I have recorded. How about you, what do you have written down about that “by” which “you have been saved?”
Have a good day brethren . . . I’m praying that it strikes deep in your heart and in mine, the wonderful truth of the grace of God, the amazing grace of God!
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR