From The Revelation we read,
- “and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.” (Revelation 1:5-6 – NKJV)
Someone has pointed out that within this text there are three “victory verbs.” They are, “loved,” and “washed,” and “made.” As that person has noted, these “reveal the personal, victorious aspects of Christ’s work on our behalf.” Oh brethren, He has done so much for us! May we never cease to be in awe of it.
(1) – He “loved us” – We who are rebels, sinners of the worst kind, totally depraved, we Christ has “loved.”
- “We love Him, because He first loved us” (I John 4:19 – NKJV) – Ah yes, “He loved us” and gave Himself for us . . .
- “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me” (Galatians 2:20 – NKJV)
(2) – He “washed us” – Our sins are “washed” away by “His own blood.”
- “Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place, once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.” (Hebrews 9:12 – NKJV) – He, “with His own blood” has done what we could never do.
- “. . . it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins” (Hebrews 10:4 – NKJV) – What was “not possible” under the old Christ has accomplished for us “with His . . . blood,” giving His life on the cross that He might “take away (our) sins.”
(3) – He “made us” – He has “made us” “kings and priests to His God and Father.”
- “And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth” (Revelation 5:10 – NKJV) – Christ, through His glorious redemptive work has “made us kings and priests to our God.” What could never have been in the Old Testament, where a King was forbidden to be a priest or a priest a King, Christ has done for “us.”
He has done so much for us! May it never be that we should ever forget. As we call these great truths to mind may our constant response be,
- “To (You, oh Lord Jesus) be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.”
To Him be our devotion, our love, our praise and adoration! For He has “loved us,” He has “washed us,” He has “made us” . . . . He has done so very much for us!
Have a good day. . . and as you walk bask in the light of the Word that reveals all that the Lord has done for us, and be oh so very thankful.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge