From The Revelation we read,
- “and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.” (Revelation 1:5-6 – NKJV)
Someone has pointed out that within this text there are three “victory verbs.” They are, “loved,” and “washed,” and “made.” As that person has noted, these “reveal the personal, victorious aspects of Christ’s work on our behalf.” Oh brethren, He has done so much for us! May we never cease to be in awe of it.
(1) – He “loved us” – We who are rebels, sinners of the worst kind, totally depraved, we Christ has “loved.”
- “We love Him, because He first loved us” (I John 4:19 – NKJV) – Ah yes, “He loved us” and gave Himself for us . . .
- “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me” (Galatians 2:20 – NKJV)
(2) – He “washed us” – Our sins are “washed” away by “His own blood.”
- “Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place, once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.” (Hebrews 9:12 – NKJV) – He, “with His own blood” has done what we could never do.
- “. . . it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins” (Hebrews 10:4 – NKJV) – What was “not possible” under the old Christ has accomplished for us “with His . . . blood,” giving His life on the cross that He might “take away (our) sins.”
(3) – He “made us” – He has “made us” “kings and priests to His God and Father.”
- “And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth” (Revelation 5:10 – NKJV) – Christ, through His glorious redemptive work has “made us kings and priests to our God.” What could never have been in the Old Testament, where a King was forbidden to be a priest or a priest a King, Christ has done for “us.”
He has done so much for us! May it never be that we should ever forget. As we call these great truths to mind may our constant response be,
- “To (You, oh Lord Jesus) be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.”
To Him be our devotion, our love, our praise and adoration! For He has “loved us,” He has “washed us,” He has “made us” . . . . He has done so very much for us!
Have a good day. . . and as you walk bask in the light of the Word that reveals all that the Lord has done for us, and be oh so very thankful.
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR