When days are difficult and times are tough, it can feel like the winds of November are beating down our doors. Where do we find shelter from the storms of life? Is there a refuge for the weary, a healing for the broken hearted, and a comfort for the troubled soul? Where does our help come from? It comes from the Lord.
Psa 33:20 Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield.
Psa 124:8 Our help is in the name of the LORD, Who made heaven and earth.
The Lord Jesus is a Refuge for the Weary
Psa 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.
Psa 62:7 In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God.
Psa 62:8 Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah
Psa 71:7 I have become as a wonder to many, But You are my strong refuge.
Psa 91:2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.”
Psa 142:5 I cried out to You, O LORD: I said, “You are my refuge, My portion in the land of the living.
Deut 33:27 The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms!
The Lord Jesus Heals the broken-Hearted
Psa 34:18 The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit.
Psa 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds.
Luke 4:18-19 “The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD.”
The Lord Jesus is a Comfort to a Troubled Soul
Just as a shepherd cares for his sheep, Jesus is our Shepherd who cares for our souls.
He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm, And carry them in His bosom… Isaiah 40:11
Psa 23:1, 3 The LORD is my shepherd…He restoreth my soul…
1 Pet 2:25 For you were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
Jesus is Our Rest, Our Hope, and Our Home
In this life, Jesus is our strong refuge, our powerful healing, our blessed comfort. And He promises an everlasting rest, an anchored hope, and an eternal home with Him.
Exo 33:14 And He said, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
Matt 11:28-29 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest…
Lam 3:24 “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!”
Heb 6:19 Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.“
John 10:28 “And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
John 14:3 “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.”
John 17:3 “And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.”
The temporal things, when seen in the light of eternal realities, lose their power over us. We can have joy and peace in any situation when we loosen our hold on earthly things and focus our hearts on the depth and riches of God’s love.
My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
This is not a Got Questions? article. But it's so popular it ranked among the top pages viewed:
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED