When days are difficult and times are tough, it can feel like the winds of November are beating down our doors. Where do we find shelter from the storms of life? Is there a refuge for the weary, a healing for the broken hearted, and a comfort for the troubled soul? Where does our help come from? It comes from the Lord.
Psa 33:20 Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield.
Psa 124:8 Our help is in the name of the LORD, Who made heaven and earth.
The Lord Jesus is a Refuge for the Weary
Psa 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.
Psa 62:7 In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God.
Psa 62:8 Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah
Psa 71:7 I have become as a wonder to many, But You are my strong refuge.
Psa 91:2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.”
Psa 142:5 I cried out to You, O LORD: I said, “You are my refuge, My portion in the land of the living.
Deut 33:27 The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms!
The Lord Jesus Heals the broken-Hearted
Psa 34:18 The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit.
Psa 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds.
Luke 4:18-19 “The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD.”
The Lord Jesus is a Comfort to a Troubled Soul
Just as a shepherd cares for his sheep, Jesus is our Shepherd who cares for our souls.
He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm, And carry them in His bosom… Isaiah 40:11
Psa 23:1, 3 The LORD is my shepherd…He restoreth my soul…
1 Pet 2:25 For you were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
Jesus is Our Rest, Our Hope, and Our Home
In this life, Jesus is our strong refuge, our powerful healing, our blessed comfort. And He promises an everlasting rest, an anchored hope, and an eternal home with Him.
Exo 33:14 And He said, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
Matt 11:28-29 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest…
Lam 3:24 “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!”
Heb 6:19 Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.“
John 10:28 “And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
John 14:3 “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.”
John 17:3 “And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.”
The temporal things, when seen in the light of eternal realities, lose their power over us. We can have joy and peace in any situation when we loosen our hold on earthly things and focus our hearts on the depth and riches of God’s love.
My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible? The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
- Is it a sin to be FAT?
- To TAT (tattoo) or Not to Tat? Is That the Question?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Can JEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
- What is MAUNDY THURSDAY about?
- What is the UNPARDONABLE sin? What if I commit it?
- Will Impure Thoughts Condemn Me? How do I fight them?
- Who were the Nephalim?
- To Tat or Not to Tat (Tattoo). Is that the Question?
- Is there a HIDEN MESSAGE in Genesis 5?
- Did Pilate Proclaim Jesus to be God?
- Does God create EVIL as Isaiah 45:7 says?
- Are we the Bride of Christ now or is that future?
- Is there an ERROR in Genesis 2:17 because Adam and Eve didn't die?
- Are the Jews of today still the CHOSEN people of God?
- Is there a HIDDEN MESSAGE in Revelation 7?
- How should I WITNESS to Jehovah's Witnesses?
The Top Ten of 2016
- Is the US GOVERNMENT in the Book of Isaiah?
- Pause to PRAY
- Jesus WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- At the GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- Following the GOOD, GREAT, CHIEF, SHEPHERD
- Surely This was a RIGHTEOUS MAN
- But, IF NOT
- Seven Things Christians Must REMEMBER
- Are You GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- The Totem of SALVATION
Share your faith...