We have been in the “last days” since Jesus ascended to Heaven. Christ’s imminent return is a church doctrine that says Jesus could return at any time. However, it’s well believed that we are in “the last days” of the “last days.” That means the Rapture of the Church is drawing nearer. It will be followed by the return of the Lord Jesus Christ to rule and reign in His kingdom of righteousness.
There are many signs that the end is near. Today, consider twelve of the signs.
1. The Rebirth of Israel (Mat. 24:32-35)
Israel was an ancient nation when Jesus was on earth. With the destruction of the Jewish Temple in 70 AD by the Romans, the people of the nation were dispersed worldwide, and the nation no longer existed. But in 1948, the nation of Israel was born again and was young and tender, fulfilling Jesus’ prophetic words and God’s prophecy of a gathering of His people from the ends of the earth.
2. “Wars and rumors of wars” and “Nation shall rise against nation.” (Mat. 24:6, 7)
Wars continue throughout the world and intensify as we get closer to the end.
3. Natural Disasters: “There shall be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes” (Mat. 24:7; Lk. 21:25)
There have always been natural disasters, and they continue and intensify in these last days.
4. “Iniquity shall abound” (Matthew 24:12).
Evil is increasing. Truth is being rejected, or redefined as relative (personally determined, differing from person to person). The lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life are increasingly capturing the hearts of many.
5. “Many shall come in Jesus’ name…and shall deceive many” (Matt 24:5, Mark 13:6).
False prophets and false “Christs” have existed since the days of the disciples (1 Peter 2:1; Jude 17-18). But because of technology, those alive today have worldwide platforms to “preach” lies and deception. Their anti-biblical influence is corrupting people everywhere.
5. Increase in Immorality (2 Tim. 3:1-5)
Immoral behavior has gone from being tolerated to being accepted, to being approved and even as far as being celebrated. Many countries have compromised morals, values, and ethics and no longer acknowledge biblical standards.
5. Apostasy (2 Thes. 2:3)
Secularism and hedonism are increasing and drawing people away from the church; Many churches are compromising with the culture, rejecting God’s truths, and preaching social gospels that deny biblical truths.
6. Nuclear Weapons (Rev. 6:14)
The threat of nuclear war is a real and present danger, and the power to implement such a war is in the hands of leaders who are unrestrained by God’s precepts and principles.
7. New World Order (Rev. 13:16-17)
This will become a reality in the Tribulation, but many of today’s world leaders speak of a new and unique global unity. Political, economic, and social leaders are promoting the creation of a new, one-world order.
8. Apathy Increasing (Mat. 24:37-39,42-44; 2 Pet. 3:1-4)
When hope diminishes, apathy abounds. With anxiety and depression increasing, a common response is a disillusionment, leading to a troubled soul and a confused mind. The quickest solution is often to just “shut down” and no longer care.
9. Rejection of Biblical Precepts and Principals
Never before in history has the Word of God been so maligned. Efforts to legalize the murdering of the pre-born (abortion) and the promotion of gender confusion in all age groups have ushered in a time when the sanctity of human life is no longer respected or protected, and God’s will and ways are of no impact.
10. Increased Knowledge
Daniel wrote, “many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.” There are two interpretations of this: 1) general knowledge is increasing because of the internet, and/or 2) knowledge of the Word of God is increasing because of a greater understanding of end-times prophecies. Either way, the prophecy of increased knowledge is being fulfilled.
11. Controversy Over Jerusalem (Zech. 12:2-3; 14:1-3)
Israel, and specifically Jerusalem, is a small parcel of land. But its importance in world affairs is monumental. Jerusalem is the epicenter of the earth, and it is God’s city. But sadly, it has become a divided city. One day Jesus will return, set up His kingdom, and reign from Jerusalem, with the nation of Israel as the lead nation.
12. Increased hope for the Rapture to be soon (1 Thes. 4:18; Tit. 2:13)
As believers see God’s truths being denied, the world’s lies being promoted, apostasy and apathy increasing, and iniquity abounding, the hope of Jesus’ coming for His Bride increases. Jesus has promised we are not appointed unto God’s wrath, and He will come and rescue His Church from the time of Jacob’s trouble when the world will be judged, and God will pour out His wrath with the desire that people will come to Him by faith in Jesus.
Those are only 12 signs that remind us that the end of the Church Age is drawing near. While we should be aware of the signs of the times, we should not focus on them. We are to be “looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ” (Titus 2:13).
More to Come…
There are many prophecies of the events that will take place after the Church is gone when the 70th week of Daniel begins (Read: What is the Seventieth Week of Daniel?)
In the Tribulation, the gospel will be preached by 144,000 sealed Jewish men and God’s two appointed witnesses, and the gospel will be heard by all people worldwide.
But until that time, we are the ones called by God to share His message of hope. We are to tell all about His offer of deliverance from sin and death and His gift of new and eternal life.
Take time today to share the gospel of saving grace. Many need to hear it…before it’s too late. When the bridegroom returns for His Bride (the Church) and takes her to Heaven, the Tribulation will begin. Then lies, deceit, oppression, coercion, control, and manipulations of Satan will abound as never before. And sadly, many will believe the lies.
Tell people TODAY about Jesus and the hope they can have when they trust in Him for the salvation of their souls. Visit our Salvation Page for a clear gospel presentation and prayer. From this presentation, many have prayed the prayer asking for forgiveness of their sins and salvation in Jesus. Praise God!
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
This is not a Got Questions? article. But it's so popular it ranked among the top pages viewed:
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED