From the psalms we read,
“What is man that You are mindful of him . . . ?” (Psalm 8:4 – NKJV)
David wrote our brief text as he contemplated the glory and majesty of God,
“When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained, what is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of man that You visit him?” (Psalm 8:3-4 – NKJV)
Do you ever ask yourself this question? Often, in my own mind I have thought upon God, who He is, what He has done, what He is doing, what He is going to do . . . what He is capable of doing, and I have wondered this same thought that David expressed, personalizing it, asking, “Who am I Lord that you would be mindful of me?” Against the backdrop of His majesty, His holiness, His power, I see myself as so very small, seeming so very insignificant, so undeserving . . . . yet, He is “mindful of” me. It boggles my mind!
He who made the “heavens . . . the moon and the stars,” those magnificent creations that are “the work of (His fingers),” things He has “ordained.” And then to think of how He created everything and it was good and it pleased Him. He spoke it into existence, the crowning moment of it all being when, in His own image, He created “man.”
Can you begin to fathom the wonder of it all? And then to think that this “man,” this one God created to have fellowship with Him, this “man” chose to rebel against Him, chose to sin against Him and separate himself from the very One who had created him.
I stumble, I awkwardly move about, I sin, my mind going places it should not go, by no means seeming to be of any value to God. How is it that He would be “mindful of” me? I know what He is capable of. I know what I rightly deserve. I know that just as in His mighty power He spoke all things into being He could just as easily remove them and start all over again, and in the whole of such a process make it that rebellious “man” receives what he rightly deserves.
But no, He has not chosen to do such a thing, but rather He has chosen to be “mindful” of me. So “mindful” that instead of bringing His righteous wrath upon me He has chosen instead to make . . .
“. . . Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.” (Philippians 2:7-8 – NKJV)
God in Christ has chosen instead to pay the penalty for my sin, my rebellion, and make it possible that I might be reconciled to Him. Taking “the form of a bondservant . . . coming in the likeness of men . . . being found in appearance as a man . . . humbling Himself . . . . obedient” in His coming “to the point of death, even the death of the cross.” I would say brethren, that God has been very “mindful” of us . . . . . has He not?
As I write this, as I stop and ponder this, it is all too great, all too wonderful for this finite “man.” My response just seems to be so inadequate no matter what words I may choose to say or think. I am left to quote another when I “consider” that He is so very “mindful” of me . . . .
“Such love demands my soul, my life, my all . . .”
Are you not of the same mind?
Have a good day . . . and oh how I desire that each of us would, in this busy world in which we move about, take time to stop and ponder the fact that God, in Christ, has been so very mindful of us.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIEDon Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
Is my TATTOO a sin?
The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible? The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Is it a sin to be FAT?
To TAT (tattoo) or Not to Tat? Is That the Question?
What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
CanJEWSgo toHEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAMSay on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge