From the psalms we read,
“What is man that You are mindful of him . . . ?” (Psalm 8:4 – NKJV)
David wrote our brief text as he contemplated the glory and majesty of God,
“When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained, what is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of man that You visit him?” (Psalm 8:3-4 – NKJV)
Do you ever ask yourself this question? Often, in my own mind I have thought upon God, who He is, what He has done, what He is doing, what He is going to do . . . what He is capable of doing, and I have wondered this same thought that David expressed, personalizing it, asking, “Who am I Lord that you would be mindful of me?” Against the backdrop of His majesty, His holiness, His power, I see myself as so very small, seeming so very insignificant, so undeserving . . . . yet, He is “mindful of” me. It boggles my mind!
He who made the “heavens . . . the moon and the stars,” those magnificent creations that are “the work of (His fingers),” things He has “ordained.” And then to think of how He created everything and it was good and it pleased Him. He spoke it into existence, the crowning moment of it all being when, in His own image, He created “man.”
Can you begin to fathom the wonder of it all? And then to think that this “man,” this one God created to have fellowship with Him, this “man” chose to rebel against Him, chose to sin against Him and separate himself from the very One who had created him.
I stumble, I awkwardly move about, I sin, my mind going places it should not go, by no means seeming to be of any value to God. How is it that He would be “mindful of” me? I know what He is capable of. I know what I rightly deserve. I know that just as in His mighty power He spoke all things into being He could just as easily remove them and start all over again, and in the whole of such a process make it that rebellious “man” receives what he rightly deserves.
But no, He has not chosen to do such a thing, but rather He has chosen to be “mindful” of me. So “mindful” that instead of bringing His righteous wrath upon me He has chosen instead to make . . .
“. . . Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.” (Philippians 2:7-8 – NKJV)
God in Christ has chosen instead to pay the penalty for my sin, my rebellion, and make it possible that I might be reconciled to Him. Taking “the form of a bondservant . . . coming in the likeness of men . . . being found in appearance as a man . . . humbling Himself . . . . obedient” in His coming “to the point of death, even the death of the cross.” I would say brethren, that God has been very “mindful” of us . . . . . has He not?
As I write this, as I stop and ponder this, it is all too great, all too wonderful for this finite “man.” My response just seems to be so inadequate no matter what words I may choose to say or think. I am left to quote another when I “consider” that He is so very “mindful” of me . . . .
“Such love demands my soul, my life, my all . . .”
Are you not of the same mind?
Have a good day . . . and oh how I desire that each of us would, in this busy world in which we move about, take time to stop and ponder the fact that God, in Christ, has been so very mindful of us.
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2021
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Do ANGELS TAKE US TO HEAVEN When We Die?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas