“Give heed to me, O Lord.” Jeremiah 18:19
“Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.” Psalm 121:4
“Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7
The care of the Lord which He takes for His little ones infinitely exceeds the care of the most tender mother over her weak and helpless child.
- While I feel and own myself weak, foolish, and wretched, the Lord, the guardian of such babes, has patience with me.
- Knowing myself, therefore, to be always a weak and ignorant child, I will labor to keep close to Jesus, in waiting and prayer.
- And, since He is the Minister of the sanctuary, He will never let me lack anything that is good for me — but will defend me and feed me and train me up in the best and most suitable manner.
Gracious Savior, give me the grace to believe the testimony borne to You in Your holy Word and enable me daily, yes hourly, to come to You for all I need. I would live believing Your love to me, Your care of me, and Your readiness to do me good. O that I could trust You always, rest in You at all times, and rejoice in Your finished work! You are not only what I want — but all I want. Glory, glory, glory to Your most holy name!
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR