- “And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming” (I John 2:28 – NKJV)
The apostle John commands us, we who are the “little children,” that he is writing to, “abide in” Christ Jesus the Lord. Remain “in Him” John writes. Why? So that “when He appears” . . . . . Ah yes, “when He appears.” Brethren, Jesus is coming back, He is going to “appear” again on planet earth. It is a promise spoken about often in the letters of the New Testament.
- “When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory” (Colossians 3:4 – NKJV)
The apostle Paul wrote of His appearing. He, “Christ, who is our life,” He is going to “appear” again.
- “and when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that does not fade away” (I Peter 5:4 – NKJV)
The apostle Peter wrote of His appearing . . . “the Chief Shepherd,” He is going to “appear” again.
- “He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself . . . so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation” (Hebrews 9:26, 28 – NKJV)
The author of Hebrews wrote of Christ appearing a first time “to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself” and then he notes that He “will appear a second time.” He is going to “appear” again “to those who eagerly wait for Him.”
Our Lord is “coming” back, He is going to “appear” to us one day . . . . . maybe today! Do you love the thought of His appearing? Note this great promise that John wrote of regarding His return,
- “Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.” (I John 3:2-3 – NKJV)
There are great and wonderful promises that you and I have that are associated with His appearing,
- when He does appear we “will appear with Him in glory” . . .
- when He does appear we “will receive the crown of glory, that does not fade away” . . .
- when He does appear “we shall be like Him”
. . . great and wonderful promises that should motivate us to abide in Him and to live for Him and . . . to love His appearing!
Brethren, there is a danger noted here, that we might be found “ashamed” when He appears, maybe being somewhere we shouldn’t be, doing something we shouldn’t be doing, saying something we shouldn’t be saying. May we be alert to that possibility and be on guard, and as those who have “this hope” of His return, found abiding in Him, seeking to purify ourselves “just as He is pure” . . . . . . . . and loving His appearing.
Have a good day . . . and as you walk think upon His appearing and embrace the hope of it, and may it serve as an incentive for you to live godly in this world of ungodliness.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas