As we begin dealing with the aftermath of physical-distancing, we must consider the ongoing concerns about COVID-19. Let us remember the past, so we can learn from those who have gone before us in tragedies and sorrows. Is there joy in Covid-19? Where do we find it?
Historical Perspective on Suffering
There are many historical events of similar measure that can give us perspective on our current situation. Perhaps one of the most memorable was the earthquake that hit Haiti ten years ago on January 12, 2010. Haiti was devastated by a 7.0 magnitude earthquake with tremors that were felt as far away as Cuba and Venezuela. Eight aftershocks were felt the same day and 52 more in the following two weeks. Loss of life was unimaginable with the Haitian government estimating over 316,000 deaths and close to 1 million people displaced.
Humanitarian relief efforts were massive, but it remains debatable whether or not Haiti has recovered from the devastation of January 12, 2010, or if it ever will.
The Current Reality
In January 2020 another devastation began to quake and by mid-March of 2020, it’s “tremors” were felt world-wide. The devastation of COVID-19 became a part of everyday life.
This article is not to rehash the facts about the virus nor is it to consider what the future holds. We really don’t know how problematic this virus will be in the months ahead. We have no real control over this virus until there’s a vaccine. But we do have control over how we deal with our fears and cope with our concerns.
My desire is to share a short video with you. Let’s look back and remember how those who went before us faced the greatest challenges of their lives. Just as Hebrews 12:2 speaks of the “great cloud of witnesses” of ancient days (those of biblical times who have gone before us in faith and are now in Heaven), this video speaks of those who have gone before us, in faith, only ten years ago.
Don’t miss the point of this video. A great lesson from this tragedy comes from a man who was a teacher in a seminary. When he felt the rumblings, he left his second floor classroom where his students were taking a test. He went down to the first floor, then outside, to see what was happening. As he looked around, the building he had just exited came crashing down. Everyone inside was killed—including his wife.
What hope is there when such things occur? There is only ONE Hope — the Lord Jesus Christ. Watch now and be inspired to fnd…
Patience in the Present,
Hope for the Future, and
Joy in Jesus!
Jeremiah 17:7 Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, And whose hope is the Lord.
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED