“In the day of my trouble I will call upon You, For You will answer me.” Psalm 86:7
“Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer; you shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am.'” Isaiah 58:9
“For the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.” Romans 10:12
“And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.” Joel 2:32 [See also Acts 2:21, Romans 10:13.]
“The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles.” Psalm 34:17
“The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him.” Psalm 145:18
“The … prayer of a righteous man avails much.” James 5:16
What encouraging assurances are these! How can God deny me anything now that I pray for? He has passed His word. His Son has purchased every blessing. The Holy Spirit inspires the prayer; the word holds it forth, and the prayer of faith lays hold of it and actually receives it.
Prayer is the mouth of faith. If you will have much, “open your mouth wide,” and it shall be filled. Who then should not be stirred up to pray much! O what foolishness is this, that we have nothing but may obtain all from God and yet are so loath to pray much, and pray right!
Holy Spirit, be a spirit of prayer in me. Help my infirmities. Subdue my corruptions. And stimulate my soul to pray without ceasing.
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference: ~ CLICK TO DONATE ~
Use PayPal or a Credit Card for safe, secure giving.
Visit our Store