“Abide in Me.” John 15:4
“Lord, to whom shall we go? You alone have the words of eternal life.” John 6:68
“It is good for me to draw near to God. I have put my trust in the Lord God.” Psalm 73:28
To abide in Christ, who is our righteousness and strength, and not to be moved from Him — is the very life and power of Christianity. We are in this happy state, when our thoughts are going out after Him, our hearts cleaving to Him, and our minds staying upon Him. To know Christ, and thus to abide in Him as our righteousness — brings peace and joy; this joy in the Lord is certainly followed with strength to overcome sin and the world, which believers renounce the more readily, as they have found something better in Christ.
Satan is violently opposed to this, and therefore tries by all means to allure or drive us away from Christ. Consequently, watchfulness and prayer are daily necessary, lest we should be led away by his wiles.
Simple believers look to Christ for all, go to Christ with all, and depend on Christ through all — thus they abide in Jesus, and Jesus abides in them. May the Lord give me grace, likewise, immovably to abide in Him; then shall I conquer sin, overcome the world, and always triumph in Christ.
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
The Top Ten from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?