Just in case you didn’t know, Patrick
- wasn’t Irish. He was from an area in Scotland now known as Dumbarton (just northwest of Glasgow).
- couldn’t have driven the snakes out of Ireland because there were never any snakes in Ireland.
- wasn’t the first evangelist to Ireland. Palladius, who died sometime between 457 and 461 AD, was the first Bishop of Ireland. He preceded Patrick by at least five years.
- was in his mid-40s when he went to Ireland and began evangelizing the people. Palladius had not been very successful in his mission to do so.
- is not really a Saint with a capital “S.” He was never officially canonized by the Roman Catholic Church. However, he is a saint with a lower-case “s.” All are saints who have trusted in the life, death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus for salvation.
- was viewed by fifth-century Christians as fulfilling the great commission since the areas in Ireland were considered the “ends of the earth” to many at that time.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day
Today, we wish you a Happy St. Patrick’s Day and ask that you take a few minutes to remember this early church saint whose love for the Lord was reflected in his commitment to sharing the gospel with the people of Ireland.
Everyone seems to be “a little bit Irish on St. Patrick’s Day.” So we suggest that you let your “Irish” show and celebrate the day by doing what St. Patrick so willingly and so effectively did in Ireland. Wherever God has placed you, share the gospel of saving grace with the lost so they might come to know Jesus. And speak the Words of God to those who belong to Jesus. Remind them of the “pot of gold” at the end of their “rainbow”– the riches and the glory of Heaven that awaits those who are in Christ.
May the road rise to meet you,
and may the wind be ever at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face, and the rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of his hand.
Read/Watch More About St. Patrick and St. Patrick's Day
Can You Pray St. Patrick's Prayer?
A Heart for God Revealed in St. Patrick's Prayer (video)
What Would St. Patrick Think About His Day?
Happy St. Patrick's Day
The Prayer of St. Patrick (video)
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
This is not a Got Questions? article. But it's so popular it ranked among the top pages viewed:
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED