[Watch the Tribute Videos Below]
November 7th, 2018 would have been Billy Graham’s 100th birthday. His death on February 21, 2018, precluded any centennial celebration of his life, but it should be remembered that Billy Graham actually did live 100 years on this earth. Billy Graham was born on November 7th, 1918, so back up nine months to the time when he was conceived in his mother’s womb. Nine months earlier places the date of entering into this world on February 7th, 1918. Therefore, it’s accurate to say that Billy Graham lived on earth 100 years before God took him home to heaven on February 21st, 2018.
As Christians, we know that life starts at conception. It is the foundation upon which we declare abortion to be murder and the grounds on which we stand fast for the sanctity of life. So today we honor Billy Graham for 100 years and a life well lived.
The Ministry of Billy Graham
Billy Graham will always be remembered for his message of three short words: “God loves you!” No preacher has told more people, “God loves you” than Billy Graham (with the exception of the biblical writer’s written messages of God’s love).
It’s estimated that since Billy began preaching in October 1947, he preached the gospel to more than 215 million people (a 2007 estimate by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association). Billy Graham told people of God’s great love for the world, His gift of Jesus as the Saviour of mankind, and the redemption God offers to all sinners who repent and trust in Jesus. He then encouraged them to take a step of faith and trust in Jesus for salvation. Come just as you are and Christ will forgive your sins and save your soul was the message, both spoken and sung.
Billy Graham was, and still is, an example to all of us. In whatever walk of life that God has placed us, we are to be bold to tell others of His great love. We are to be ready always to tell about the hope that is found only in the Lord Jesus Christ. And we are to always share the gospel of saving grace with love and kindness.
Be inspired by Billy Graham’s words. Share them with others:
We Are All Evangelists
Maybe God will give you 100 years. Or, maybe He will give you far fewer. But whatever your time on this earth might be, make every day count. Remember that you are an ambassador for Christ. Be bold and share God’s truths with all people. And always, be diligent to teach God’s truths to the younger generation. If we don’t, the world will teach them its lies.
Now, take a minute and remember the joy of a life well lived — sharing the gospel. Then tell someone today, “God loves you.” Tell how salvation is found in only Jesus and how they too have eternal life with Him if they will turn to Him in faith.
In Case You Missed It
On Tuesday and Wednesday, February 28th and 29th, Billy Graham’s body lay in honor in the Rotunda of the U.S. Capitol in Washington DC. For seven hours on Wednesday, people passed by his coffin to remember and pay respect to the man, his ministry, and his God. This was the first time a religious leader was honored in this way and only the fourth time that a private civilian has received this honor. A ceremony followed with words of remembrance from both President Donald Trump and Speaker of the House Paul Ryan.
Watch Paul Ryan as he begins his remembrance with a verse from the Gospel of Matthew and watch a portion of President Trump’s words in memory of Billy Graham — a man well-known and well-loved, who will always be well-remembered.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
Is my TATTOO a sin?
The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible? The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Is it a sin to be FAT?
To TAT (tattoo) or Not to Tat? Is That the Question?
What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
Can JEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge