[Watch the Tribute Videos Below]
November 7th, 2018 would have been Billy Graham’s 100th birthday. His death on February 21, 2018, precluded any centennial celebration of his life, but it should be remembered that Billy Graham actually did live 100 years on this earth. Billy Graham was born on November 7th, 1918, so back up nine months to the time when he was conceived in his mother’s womb. Nine months earlier places the date of entering into this world on February 7th, 1918. Therefore, it’s accurate to say that Billy Graham lived on earth 100 years before God took him home to heaven on February 21st, 2018.
As Christians, we know that life starts at conception. It is the foundation upon which we declare abortion to be murder and the grounds on which we stand fast for the sanctity of life. So today we honor Billy Graham for 100 years and a life well lived.
The Ministry of Billy Graham
Billy Graham will always be remembered for his message of three short words: “God loves you!” No preacher has told more people, “God loves you” than Billy Graham (with the exception of the biblical writer’s written messages of God’s love).
It’s estimated that since Billy began preaching in October 1947, he preached the gospel to more than 215 million people (a 2007 estimate by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association). Billy Graham told people of God’s great love for the world, His gift of Jesus as the Saviour of mankind, and the redemption God offers to all sinners who repent and trust in Jesus. He then encouraged them to take a step of faith and trust in Jesus for salvation. Come just as you are and Christ will forgive your sins and save your soul was the message, both spoken and sung.
Billy Graham was, and still is, an example to all of us. In whatever walk of life that God has placed us, we are to be bold to tell others of His great love. We are to be ready always to tell about the hope that is found only in the Lord Jesus Christ. And we are to always share the gospel of saving grace with love and kindness.
Be inspired by Billy Graham’s words. Share them with others:
We Are All Evangelists
Maybe God will give you 100 years. Or, maybe He will give you far fewer. But whatever your time on this earth might be, make every day count. Remember that you are an ambassador for Christ. Be bold and share God’s truths with all people. And always, be diligent to teach God’s truths to the younger generation. If we don’t, the world will teach them its lies.
Now, take a minute and remember the joy of a life well lived — sharing the gospel. Then tell someone today, “God loves you.” Tell how salvation is found in only Jesus and how they too have eternal life with Him if they will turn to Him in faith.
In Case You Missed It
On Tuesday and Wednesday, February 28th and 29th, Billy Graham’s body lay in honor in the Rotunda of the U.S. Capitol in Washington DC. For seven hours on Wednesday, people passed by his coffin to remember and pay respect to the man, his ministry, and his God. This was the first time a religious leader was honored in this way and only the fourth time that a private civilian has received this honor. A ceremony followed with words of remembrance from both President Donald Trump and Speaker of the House Paul Ryan.
Watch Paul Ryan as he begins his remembrance with a verse from the Gospel of Matthew and watch a portion of President Trump’s words in memory of Billy Graham — a man well-known and well-loved, who will always be well-remembered.
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference:
Visit our Store