From the Revelation of Jesus Christ we read,
- “And I saw heaven opened; and behold, a white horse, and He who sat upon it is called Faithful and True; and in righteousness He judges and wages war. And His eyes are a flame of fire, and upon His head are many diadems; and He has a name written upon Him which no one knows except Himself. And He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood; and His name is called the Word of God.” (Revelation 19:11-13 – NASB)
This morning, as I listened to the song, The Midnight Cry, I could not help but have this surge of great hope run through my veins. I have this hope that the Rapture is coming; Christ will come in the clouds and He will take His church into His very presence. And then, then will come His great appearance in the “heaven” as He comes back to this earth, a day in which “He . . . in righteousness . . . judges and wages war.”
Brethren, this world, this very nation we live in, all of it is one big mess. And it is getting worse. As I listen to the news and hear of all the scuffling and arguing and debating and griping and clamor that goes on, observe all the clashes of human ideologies that are so opposed to one another, oh how I long to see “heaven opened,” and see “a white horse,” and see Him who will sit upon this great steed, to see Him who “is called Faithful and True . . . the Word of God (cf. John 1:1).” O how I look forward to that day, to His coming!
I’m telling you, He will set all things right! Note the absolute hope we have of His glorious victory and His righteous reign;
- “And from His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with He may smite the nations; and He will rule them with a rod of iron” (Revelation 19:15 – NASB)
This is the glorious Jesus in His Second Coming! He is not the One we have become so accustomed to seeing in man-made images, but “His eyes are a flame of fire, and upon His head are many diadems (“crowns”) . . . And from His mouth comes a sharp sword.”
This glorious Jesus, the great I AM, the Creator is coming back, and “He” will, with this “sharp sword . . . smite the nations.” With His word He will victoriously crush “the nations” of this world, and “He will rule them with a rod of iron.” Those who have spurned Him and profaned His name and have hated His Word, these enemies will be thwarted. There will only be one ideology and it will be one that is right and true, for it will be His!
O brethren, do you not read these precious words and also experience a surge of hope running through your veins? Do you not look around you and see the futile state of this world, of our own nation, and do you not long to say, “And I saw heaven opened?”
Have a good day brethren . . . and recall to mind that we who belong to Christ are a people of hope, especially a hope of His great and glorious return.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge