“Does He not see my ways and count my every step?” Job 31:4
“A man’s ways are in full view of the LORD, and He examines all his paths.” Proverbs 5:21
“The eyes of the LORD are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good.” Proverbs 15:3
“My eyes are on all their ways; they are not hidden from Me, nor is their sin concealed from My eyes.” Jeremiah 16:17
How solemn is the thought, that an invisible Being is ever at our side and watching us–recording with a rapid pen each deed and word, every desire that rises, though it is to burst like a soap-bubble, and every thought that passes, though on an eagle’s wing.
We cannot shake off the presence of God! When doors are shut, curtains are drawn, and all is still, and darkest night fills our chamber, and we are left alone with our thoughts. It might keep them pure and holy to say, as if we saw two shining eyes looking on us out of the darkness, “You, O God, see me!”
May God help you to feel yourselves at all times in His immediate presence!
- How promptly then would every evil thought be banished
- What unholy deeds would be crushed in the desire, nipped in the bud, strangled in the birth!
- What crimes would remain uncommitted!
- How feeble would the strongest temptations prove!
- What a purity, nobility, loftiness, holiness, and heavenliness would be imparted to your whole bearing and conduct!
“Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him?” declares the LORD. “Do not I fill heaven and earth?” declares the LORD. Jeremiah 23:23-24
About Thomas Guthrie
Thomas Guthrie (1803-1873) was a Scottish Minister and philanthropist — an extremely popular preacher in his day and well-known for deeply caring about children and the poor. He stood 6 foot 3 inches tall—an unusual height for a man in the 19th century. Among his many writings are The Gospel in Ezekiel (1855) and Plea for Ragged Schools (1847), and The City, its Sins and Sorrows (1857), “Christ and the Inheritance of the Saints” (1858), “The Way to Life”, Speaking to the Heart,” the “Life of Robert Flockhart,” “Man and the Gospel” (1865), “The Angels Song” (1865), “The Parables” (1866), “Our Fathers Business” (1867), “Out of Harness” (1867), “Early Piety” (1869), “Studies of Character” (1868–70) and “Sundays Abroad” (1871), and “The Sunday Magazine.” In 1910, a statue of him was erected in Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland.
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2021
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Do ANGELS TAKE US TO HEAVEN When We Die?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas