DATE: 51 AD
Not long after his first letter to the church at Thessalonica, Paul sent another. This one addressed a new situation. Somehow there had been misunderstanding, or misrepresentation (2:2), of Paul’s teaching concerning the coming of the Day of the Lord (1 Thess. 5:1-11) and some thought that they had missed the Rapture and judgments had begun. Thinking the end of the world was at hand, some had stopped working and were causing problems (2 Thess 3:6, 11). Paul wrote to correct their misunderstanding and to reprimand those who weren’t working.
This book gives a clear picture of the man of sin (2 Thess 2:1-12), which should be compared with other passages that tell of the Antichrist (Dan. 9:27; Matt. 24:15; Rev. 11:7; 13:1-10).
OUTLINE OF 2 THESSALONIANS
I. Salutation, 1:1-2
II. Thanksgiving and Encouragement in Persecution, 1:3-12
III. Correction Concerning the Day of the Lord, 2:1-17
A. Its Relation to the Present, 2:1-2
B. Its Relation to the Apostasy, 2:3a
C. Its Relation to the Man of Lawlessness, 2:3b-4
D. Its Relation to the Restrainer, 2:5-9
E. Its Relation to Unbelievers, 2:10-12
F. Its Relation to Believers, 2:13-17
IV. Exhortations to Prayer and Discipline, 3:1-15
A. Paul’s Confidence, 3:1-5
B. Paul’s Commands, 3:6-15
V. Concluding Benediction and Greeting, 3:16-18
The Top Ten from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.