Some time ago we received a question asking how to witness to Jehovah’s Witnesses. At the time I wondered, where to start? I got my answer in July when two Jehovah’s Witnesses came to my door. After our conversation, I felt prepared to give an answer to the question and decided to start by sharing the conversation between the two Jehovah’s Witnesses and myself.
This witnessing opportunity came at a time when I was not prepared. It was a difficult day, due to a personal issue causing distress and concern, but I firmly believe it was a divinely appointed time. I have not been visited by Jehovah’s Witnesses since November 2010, when two women came to my door. I have seen Jehovah’s Witnesses many times in my neighborhood, but they never came to my door. I thought I had been put on a “do not call” list without even asking…until that morning in July. So why on this morning did they knock on my door? I believe it was as much for me as it was for them. God showed me that in my weakness, He is strong for me. When I am unable, He is always ready to provide what I need if I trust and depend on Him. My favorite verse is 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, in which we are reminded by Jesus that His grace is sufficient for us and that when we are weak He will be strong for us. Jesus was strong for me that morning and we had a great conversation. Afterward, when I remembered this question in the Got Questions? queue, I began to write down our conversation. These men were ready, willing and able to share their faith with me and Jesus was faithful to help me do the same. The answer to this Got Questions? turned into a small book, titled, How to Witness to Jehovah’s Witnesses, Apologetics Answers and Verses.
Excerpt from the Book “How to Witness to Jehovah’s Witnesses”
Do not be out-witnessed by a Jehovah’s Witness!
Jehovah’s Witnesses (and Mormons) are dedicated to sharing their faith. They go into neighborhoods, in pairs, and share their beliefs with anyone who will listen. It’s not surprising that they always witness in pairs. The Old Testament law required at least two witnesses for valid testimony (Deuteronomy 19:15). However, even with two witnesses, the testimony of Jehovah’s Witnesses is not valid. So how do we witness to Jehovah’s Witnesses? Simple…We need to be prepared, be willing and be confident! Jehovah’s Witnesses know what they believe, and they actively share their faith. They will come to your door very prepared, albeit with an incorrect knowledge of the King James Bible and with their own New World Translation (NWT)—an inaccurate translation of biblical manuscripts (for more information, see Appendix). How do we prepare? Start by knowing what the Bible says. Study God’s Word and know His truths. You can’t present the truth, or defend God’s Word if you don’t have adequate knowledge of the Bible. Make prayer an important part of your life. Spend time with God and seek the Holy Spirit’s direction. Jesus has promised that the Spirit will teach us all things (John 14:26) and guide us in His ways (John 16:13).
Biblical Knowledge + Prayer = Confidence to Share
While it’s of utmost importance to know what our Bible teaches, it’s also important to be prepared with a general knowledge of what Jehovah’s Witnesses believe. As a real-life illustration, I’ll share with you an encounter I had and then provide some of the most common false teachings of the Jehovah’s Witnesses religion.
Opening the Door to a Conversation of Spiritual Importance
Be Prepared: Pray Be Prepared: Knowledge and Sharing
What Else Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe?
Available at the Reasons for Hope* Jesus store.
All proceeds of products at the store go to support the ministry outreach of Reasons for Hope.
Help us tell others about Jesus and be prepared when a Jehovah’s Witness comes to your door. The book offers a list of verses to share with Jehovah’s Witnesses and a challenge to cause them to think (really, re-think) what they believe about who Jesus is. It is available as a print book or as an eBook for Kindle.
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference:
Visit our Store