In Matthew 5, we have the most beautiful explanation of the attitudes we are to be in life. Take a minute and refresh your memory of the Beatitudes that Jesus gave us.
Sadly, the world has a very different attitude list. Compare and contrast the Beatitudes of Jesus and the Beatitudes of the World. Then follow the beatitudes of Jesus!
The Beatitudes of Jesus
- Mat 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Mat 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
- Mat 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
- Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
- Mat 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
- Mat 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
- Mat 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
- Mat 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven…(Mat 5:12)
Oh, what beautiful promises the Beatitudes are. They speak of blessings from God given to those who are lowly, needy, hungry, wounded, loving, and kind. The Beatitudes are not a “to-do” list to get God’s blessings. The Beatitudes are a “to-be” list. They describe those who know their need for God and desire to live according to His will and ways — because those who live in that way, are blessed.
The world, however, sees life differently. It’s not about receiving blessings from God. It’s about winning, being victorious, and rising above others. The world defines its beatitudes very differently:
The Beatitudes of the World
Victorious are the rich, for they build their own kingdom
Victorious are the happy, for they avoid all sadness
Victorious are the proud, for they deserve what they earn
Victorious are the greedy, for they keep what they have
Victorious are the merciless, for they enforce their justice
Victorious are the selfish, for they please themselves
Victorious are the aggressors, for they take what they want.
Victorious are the self-righteous, for only their opinion matters.
It’s Up to You. . .
“…choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve..
.as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED