“The glorious gospel of Christ!” 2 Corinthians 4:4
The gospel is a glorious revelation of divine grace–a manifestation of the purpose and good pleasure of God, to save sinners in harmony with, and to the honor of, all His divine perfections.
— contains the loftiest doctrines, the largest promises, and the freest invitations conceivable!
— exhibits the Lord Jesus Christ, in the glory of His person, the depth of His love, the vastness of His merit, and His infinite willingness to save the vilest sinners!
— proclaims peace by the blood-shedding of God incarnate, a full, free, and complete salvation–for all who truly believe on His name, and a glorious inheritance, an everlasting kingdom, and a crown of glory–as a free gift for the vilest of men!
In other words, the gospel is the good news of pardon, peace, protection, and everlasting life–for all who are willing to receive and enjoy them!
In the gospel…
- God’s heart is laid bare,
- the fullness of Christ is thrown open, and
- miserable souls are invited to come and be made eternally happy!
The gospel is…
— God’s kindest thoughts, wisest plans, most gracious promises, and fullest revelation of Himself!
— balm for sinners’ wounds, solace for the troubled conscience, and the remedy for a sin-broken heart!
— God’s powerful instrument, through which He raises the dead in sin, enlightens the blind mind, pardons the guilty, cleanses the filthy heart, heals the sin-sick soul, and makes the miserable, eternally happy!
In a word, the gospel reveals all that God can give, all that man can need, and all that the child of God can enjoy!
Yet many spurn the gospel. Some on account of its simplicity, some on account of its spirituality, and some on account of its purity.
The gospel lays man in the dust and places God on the throne! It places man as a sinner at the sovereign disposal of God. It will yield nothing to man’s pride and pays no compliment to man’s supposed goodness or abilities.
If a man is saved at all it is of grace alone. It is by Christ alone, and it is to God’s honor alone!
The gospel despises the wisdom of the world, and puts the rich and the poor, the moral and immoral, the learned and illiterate –on the same level!
The pride of man cannot tolerate this!
The gospel must be experimentally known by the teaching of the Holy Spirit before it will be loved, prized, and practiced as it ought!
Do WE personally and experimentally know the gospel?
Have we tasted its sweetness, as well as felt its power?
Is it to us more desirable than gold, even the finest gold?
Is it sweeter than honey, even honey dripping from the comb?
Have we received the gospel with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power?
Has it enlightened our judgments, purified our hearts, and corrected our lives?
“The glorious gospel of the blessed God!” 1 Timothy 1:11 Enter Text
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
This is not a Got Questions? article. But it's so popular it ranked among the top pages viewed:
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED