After leaving Marah, the Israelites traveled on to the oasis of Elim, where they found twelve springs of water and seventy palm trees. They camped there beside the water. Exodus 15:27
- If I were not a pilgrim journeying through the wilderness, I could not know the refreshment of Elim.
- If I did not taste the bitterness of Marah, the pleasanter waters of Elim would lose half of their delightfulness.
Therefore I should thank God for the difficult wilderness journey, and the keen afflictions along the way.
Elim brings supply.
The oasis has twelve springs of water–one for each of the tribes in Israel. And if I am journeying under God’s leadership, in fellowship with His people, towards His promised land–how many are the aids, and how varied is the provision, with which the King of the way furnishes me!
- Sunday worship comes week after week.
- The Word of life and peace, is in my hands.
- I have the Throne of Grace, to which I can resort in all my times of need. \
- There are golden days of peculiar privileges and sweet fellowship with Christian friends. Never should I be without the living water.
Elim brings shade.
Above the twelve springs of water, rise straight and stately palm trees–seventy of them, as many as the seventy years of man’s life on earth. They come between me, and the remorseless blaze of the sun. They secure for me a welcome coolness and refreshment.
Jesus, our adorable Redeemer, is a shade from the blazing heat of divine justice. He is shelter from the just condemnation of my sin, shelter from the cruel onslaught of temptation, shelter from the hardening effects of sorrow, and mercy to pardon, and grace to help!
Elim also brings rest.
“They camped there beside the water”–and I should do likewise. It may be that the wilderness stretches on every hand, that tomorrow I shall be in the desert sun once more, that the end of my pilgrim’s journey is far off. Yet, I have the cheering memory of God’s supply and God’s shadow to solace me.
Elim is with me.
In my pilgrim journey through this wilderness, hardship cannot be avoided. Yet, I can take my Elim with me through the great wilderness, and I need never lack the “twelve springs of water and seventy palm trees.”
There is something much amiss if my heart ceases to be quiet and confident and I forget to raise the song that tells of rest beneath the palm trees and joy beside the springs of water.
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2021
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Do ANGELS TAKE US TO HEAVEN When We Die?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas