Take a minute and “raise your flag.” Remember what has made this country great. It is our people. The people who believe in liberty and justice for all, and those who have also fought to protect our country.
Let’s remember those who have given so much (some having even made the ultimate sacrifice) to defend and protect our freedoms.
Yes! Memories are transmitted through words. We share out thoughts, our experiences, our hopes, and even our sorrows, by using our words.
Sadly, we are quickly becoming a nation of few words. We use short texts and only slightly longer emails. Information is often communicated in short sound bites or video clips. There’s little we can do about it. It’s just the way the world is spinning— seemingly faster and faster with each passing year. We can’t change the rapid pace of the technological revolution, so we must make a concerted effort to never forget that which is important. We must remember to pause and reflect on the past, the history of our world, the events and especially the people who went before us. And, may we never neglect to put into words our thoughts, our feelings, and our remembrances. As President Reagan said, many years ago, “Memories are transmitted with our words.” And, we might add, memories left unspoken will quickly fade and eventually be forgotten.
Thank You to Our Veterans
An Invitation to Thank a Special Veteran in Your Life
We invite you today to share your memories of a special veteran(s) in your life. Send us a remembrance of your loved one who has served our nation in the military (or, if you are a veteran, give us your name). Simply share the name of your special veteran, and perhaps their rank, where they served (or gave their life), even a brief testimony if you wish to do so. Keep it short and we’ll post a few here.
Today we remember our veterans and say THANK YOU to…
- Kathleen Haight Hodgeman remembers her father, Ronald C. Haight, her uncle Donald Haight and her uncle Richard E. Sullivan. All served in the airforce during the 1950s.
- Merilyn Jackson: MP in Army in states during the end of Vietnam.
- Mary Emerick remembers John, a private in World War II
- John R. Dotas, marines during the Korean War
- T. G. (Gordan) SINDLES (1893-1959) served in the Polar Bear Expedition in Russia. In 1918, at the end of World War I, the US sent two intervention forces to Russia. The 339th Infantry and supporting units were sent to European Russia, the region surrounding the cities of Archangel (Arkhangel’sk) and Murmansk near the Arctic Circle, initially to protect supplies and help reopen the Eastern Front against Germany. The 27th and 31st Infantry were sent to the Vladivostok region of Siberia, to assist Czechoslovak military units trying to make their way out of Russia to the Western Front. These two forces became part of broader efforts by the Allies and others to oppose the Bolshevik revolutionaries who had taken power in Russia. Separated by thousands of miles, the two forces did not interact with each other. ¹ [T.G. Sindles returned home alive, but perhaps a bit frozen.]
- Pat Sindles in World War I, Hal and John (Jack) Sindles in World War II (Their parents had two sons in WWI (Gordan and Pat) and two sons in WWII (Hal and John).
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray for the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken, sinful person from darkness to light.
Get Ready For Christmas -- Share the Legend of the Candy Cane
Watch now and get some tracts to share the sweet message of the gospel this Christmas. And when you shop, check out our book, Who Said That? Common Everyday Sayings [from the Bible]
It's a perfect stocking stuffer, small gift, hostess gift, or just a fun personal purchase. Learn some of the sayings and use them to open conversations of spiritual importance.
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
Thank you to all who contributed in 2020. Your generosity is a blessing and encouragement to us. We did not meet expenses in 2020 and still need your help to continue our global outreach in 2021. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, we hope you will support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and. . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas