“I am glorified in them…. I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them…. I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one.” John 17:10, 26, 23
O glorious promise! How could He love us more! What blessed and intimate union is this! O for such a faith as could always truly believe it!
- Christ is the Vine; believers are the branches
- He the Bridegroom, they the bride
- He the Head, they the members of His body
We are of His very flesh and bones, and consequently, one body with Him. And whoever hated his own flesh? In loving and cherishing believers, He loves Himself (Ephesians 5:28-29). Whenever He shall cease to love Himself, then, and no sooner, will He cease to cherish them also. It is His own delight to do them good, more than the mother’s to protect and nourish her child.
- He is ours, and we are His — one with Him, dear to Him as the apple of His eye.
- Having loved His own that are in the world, He loves them unto the end.
- Having once brought us into union with Himself, He will preserve the union.
Thus He glorifies Himself in us, performing in us all the good pleasure of His goodness, and the work of faith with power. O Jesus, reveal Your Father’s name to me more fully and more powerfully!
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR