A new scene of time now begins. May the Lord grant you a happy new year, indeed! For this purpose, begin it with a dedication of yourself to God. Your time, circumstances, and life are in His hands. Implore His blessing and protection over you, this ensuing year.
Begin this day and every day with prayer. Let God have your first thoughts in the morning. The impression they make will not easily be erased by worldly things.
Let your daily request be:
- for an increasing knowledge of yourself, and of Jesus Christ in His offices of prophet, priest, and king,
- for a sense of pardoning mercy,
- for a lively, vigorous faith,
- for communion with the Father and the Son, through the Spirit,
- for true holiness in heart and life,
- for strength and protection against your spiritual foes, and
- for persevering grace, to be faithful to the end.
- for the prosperity of spiritual Zion,
- for your friends and relations, (imploring the Almighty to take them into a covenant relation to Himself),
- for a blessing on your worldly affairs, and
- for a sanctified use of health or sickness, prosperity or adversity — as God shall be pleased to send.
Perhaps, this may be the last year of your pilgrimage.
- Is your state safe?
- Are you a real believer in Jesus?
- Is the oil of grace in your vessel?
If so, you are prepared for every emergency. If not, there is danger! Lose no time. Flee to Jesus — flee without delay.
Strive to enter in at the straight gate. Press through all difficulties! Do not rest until you have the Spirit’s witness in your heart, knowing that you are accepted by God. Begin the new year thus, and you shall find at the end of it — that you are crowned with loving-kindness and tender mercy.
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR