A new scene of time now begins. May the Lord grant you a happy new year, indeed! For this purpose, begin it with a dedication of yourself to God. Your time, circumstances, and life are in His hands. Implore His blessing and protection over you, this ensuing year.
Begin this day and every day with prayer. Let God have your first thoughts in the morning. The impression they make will not easily be erased by worldly things.
Let your daily request be:
- for an increasing knowledge of yourself, and of Jesus Christ in His offices of prophet, priest, and king,
- for a sense of pardoning mercy,
- for a lively, vigorous faith,
- for communion with the Father and the Son, through the Spirit,
- for true holiness in heart and life,
- for strength and protection against your spiritual foes, and
- for persevering grace, to be faithful to the end.
- for the prosperity of spiritual Zion,
- for your friends and relations, (imploring the Almighty to take them into a covenant relation to Himself),
- for a blessing on your worldly affairs, and
- for a sanctified use of health or sickness, prosperity or adversity — as God shall be pleased to send.
Perhaps, this may be the last year of your pilgrimage.
- Is your state safe?
- Are you a real believer in Jesus?
- Is the oil of grace in your vessel?
If so, you are prepared for every emergency. If not, there is danger! Lose no time. Flee to Jesus — flee without delay.
Strive to enter in at the straight gate. Press through all difficulties! Do not rest until you have the Spirit’s witness in your heart, knowing that you are accepted by God. Begin the new year thus, and you shall find at the end of it — that you are crowned with loving-kindness and tender mercy.
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
Thank you to all who contributed in 2020. Your generosity is a blessing and encouragement to us. We did not meet expenses in 2020 and still need your help to continue our global outreach in 2021. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, we hope you will support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and. . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
Top Ten in 2019
- What is the meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- What is the meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR