In my Bible study this year, we’ve discussed how the world has changed, especially since 2020, and what the future might bring.
Sin is abounding. We’ve seen things brought into the light that were previously in darkness. Many hold morals, ethics, and values relative only to their personal circumstances, situations, or opinions. Instead of acknowledging absolute truths that the real Truth Giver gives, they follow their own fallible thinking and that of others.
The Real Truth Giver
Jesus’ commandments and teachings are clearly given in the Bible. Yet, they are being culturally contextualized and conformed to the thinking and ways of this world. Many believers compromise to fit into this world rather than believing and trusting God and being faithful to Him and His Word. While they should be working to build His Kingdom, all too often, many are enjoying the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and are prideful in themselves.
We must be aware of what is happening. And we must resolve to care. We have been commissioned to tell people of the true hope and the saving and sanctifying grace that only comes from a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. We are to share the gospel with all people.
Christians need to hear it to strengthen their faith and build their commitment to and dependence on Jesus. They must be equipped, encouraged, and empowered to work as laborers in the field, for we know the harvest is coming soon. Non-Christians need to hear the gospel of saving grace in Jesus so they can be part of the harvest and not be left behind.
In studying and discussing current events and the increasing sin in the world, we started to feel discouraged, so I decided we should study eternity.
Why Study Eternity
I asked the women, “Why should we study about eternity?” and I got many great answers: “It gives us hope.” “It is the promised joy that is set before us.” “It will be glorious beyond what we can imagine.”
All those answers are true! But I suggested another reason to study about eternity. It should remind us that many will never see that future hope, that abounding joy, and that ultimate glory. They will be judged and found wanting at the Great White Throne Judgment (Revelation 20).
The Final Harvest
The Bible talks about a harvest in which all who belong to Jesus will be taken to be with Him:
Mat 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”
After this, the seven years of Tribulation will take place (Revelation 6-19) and then a final “harvest” (Rev 14:14-20, Matt 24:30-31). And then, the final judgment:
Phil 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Rom 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Rev 20:11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.
Revelation 20 — The Great White Throne Judgment
Watch the Bible study and remember that you don’t want anyone to stand before God in their own “good” works. Everyone needs the righteousness of Christ that can only be received when one trusts in Him and is given salvation.
Resolve today to share your faith. Help others to come out of the darkness of this world and into the glorious light of the Kingdom, and then they too will one day receive the ultimate glory — living in the eternal state (Rev 21-22:6) with God.
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED
Powerpoint and teaching received from a seminar by Dallas Theological Seminary at the Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove.