“As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you shall be comforted.” Isaiah 66:13
The condescending love of God to sinners is most astonishing. Though He is the High and Lofty One, yet He knows, pities, and cares for worms of the earth–sinful, frail, dying men. Human language is insufficient to express the heights and depths of Divine compassion.
God is called, “The Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles.” 2 Corinthians 1:3-4. Also, “God, who comforts the downcast.” 2 Corinthians 7:6
God’s divine comfort is most endearing and effective. “As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you.” This is a beautiful and striking comparison. No other relationship can so expressively represent the parental kindness of God, as an affectionate mother caring for her beloved child.
1. God will comfort His people with all the affection and solicitude of a mother.
See the mother–how she loves, strives, labors, suffers, and sacrifices for her child. A mother watches over and defends her child. So does our heavenly Father. He is a wall of fire, a refuge, a strong tower, a shield, a rock of strength, a fortress, a very present help in times of trouble, etc., etc.
A mother is solicitous to care and provide for her child. “And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus!” “Casting all your care on Him, because He cares about you!”
2. God will comfort His people with all the patience and forbearance of a mother.
“For He Himself knows our frame; He is mindful that we are but dust!” Psalm 103:14.
“The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in loving-kindness!” Psalm 103:8
3. God will comfort His people with all the forgiveness and consolation of a mother.
How ready is she to forgive her erring, wandering child–and how ready to console in trouble! “The LORD has comforted His people, and will have compassion on His afflicted.” Isaiah 49:13
4. God will comfort His people with all the instruction and correction of a mother.
A good and wise mother will both instruct and correct. Just so, “the Lord disciplines the one He loves, and chastises every son whom He receives.” Hebrews 12:6
5. God will comfort His people with all the constancy of a mother.
When does the love of a mother end? “Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget–yet I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands!” Isaiah 49:15-16. “Having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end!” John 13:1
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2021
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Do ANGELS TAKE US TO HEAVEN When We Die?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas