It’s no surprise that “What a Beautiful Name” by Hillsong Worship took home a Grammy award at the 60th Annual Grammy awards on January 28th, 2018. I venture to say that the song is everyone’s favorite Christian song from 2017. The lyrics magnify the glory of God in Jesus and the music stirs the soul with awe and worship.
With 114 million+ views on Hillsong Worship’s YouTube channel (more on other channels and by other artists), the song is powerfully moving and inspiring, and it proclaims hope and joy in Jesus. The words of the song exalt the Name above all names, extol the beauty, wonder, and power of the name of Jesus, and proclaim there is no rival or equal to His name, His Person, and His rule.
What a Beautiful Name
Take a minute and celebrate the victory of Hillsong winning a Grammy for “What a Beautiful Name.”
Thank God for the attention the song received on a secular platform and the proclamation of the name of Jesus before a worldwide audience — an audience of people who needs to hear:
Death could not hold [Him],
the veil tore before [Him]
[He] silenced the boast, of sin and grave
The heavens are roaring, the praise of [His] glory
For [He was] raised to life again
“No matter how far or how far close you feel to God, no matter how great the distance, His love is greater, and is more powerful, more wonderful, more beautiful than any other. And may this all glorify the Name above every other name, the name of Jesus.” — Ben Fielding, Hillsong Worship
Watch two more versions (including a moving acapella rendition) of What a Beautiful Name.
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
The Top Ten from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.