“LORD, by Your favor You have made my mountain stand strong; You hid Your face, and I was troubled.” Psalm 30:7
See, my soul, in this verse, a picture of your own experience; surely your case resembles David’s. When I look up to Heaven, how often do I see the sun both shine and set! When I look down into myself, how often do I see my comforts rise and fall! 0ne while, I am upon Mount Tabor and have a glance of Heaven; another while, I lie in the valley of Bochim, weeping because I have lost sight of my heavenly country. Joshua’s long day is many times turned into Paul’s sad night. When God would quicken my affections, He gives me a glance of Heaven, that so I may love what I see; when I begin to bless myself and rest in my happy privileges, He draws a veil over the bright vision, that I may rest in nothing but Himself, nor loathe what I have so much reason to love. He allows my happiness here to be imperfect, that I may be pressing on to that place where I shall be perfectly happy forever.
- Lord, when You show Yourself, let me love You;
- when my mountain stands strong, let me praise You;
- when You withdraw Yourself, let me follow You;
- when Your countenance is hid, let me still believe that You love me.
Under all my changes here, let my soul be always breathing, panting, longing, and reaching after You, until I shall so perfectly enjoy You, that I may never lose You more. And let me rejoice that amidst all my changes, Jesus is the same, and rest in His love to me. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference: ~ CLICK TO DONATE ~
Use PayPal or a Credit Card for safe, secure giving.
Visit our Store