”Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.” James 4:8
“Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” James 4:7
“The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.” James 5:16
O my soul, draw near to God in prayer, and He will draw near to you. Be instant in it, and the devil cannot stand against you; for prayer will drive away sin and Satan, as the wind drives the smoke before it. It works wonderfully great things and will make easy what seems impossible. If God has given you some spiritual blessings already, this is an encouragement to hope also for that which you lack yet. Therefore:
- Only pray confidently, and you shall receive evermore.
- Ask in faith, nothing doubting, for He is faithful that has promised, and not one of His promises shall fail.
- Nothing but unbelief can exclude us from the enjoyment of many blessings in this world, and all blessings in the world to come.
Expect Satan to oppose you, for he will — and especially when upon your knees. He hates prayer, and therefore he frequents our closets to harass, perplex, and fill us with confusion. When he has stirred up our corruptions, bewildered our imaginations, and distracted our understandings, he will suggest that it is no use to pray in such a state of mind. Resist him, and he will flee; plead with God against him more fervently. Never yield — but pray on; if you cannot as you will, pray as you can.
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR