“Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed.” Jeremiah 17:14
“I am the LORD who heals you.” Exodus 15:26
“Those who are well have no need of a physician — but those who are sick.” Matthew 9:12
“I have seen his ways, and will heal him.” Isa 57:18 [See also Isaiah 43:3, 41:1.]
“He … healed all who were sick.” Matthew 8:15-17
Christ’s healing all bodily sickness was a token of His power and grace to heal all spiritual diseases, though ever so desperate and dangerous. Therefore give yourself only up to His cure; He understands your disease and will certainly restore you. He has healed a great many already, nay, all those who ever desired it, of all their infirmities. You can never be too miserable for Him; He is ever willing and able to help. The worse your case is, the more He will pity you and have patience. Before we can be made whole, His way is to make us thoroughly sensible of our sickness and lay our wounds more and more open. But as the Physician then is most wanted, we must be the more earnest to implore His help; and He will surely bind us up again and heal us; not at once — but by degrees, often slowly, yet, at last, completely; He will heal all our diseases (Psalm 103:3). Lord Jesus, I put myself into Your hands, to be healed by You. My worst disease is unbelief. O cure me of this, and make me strong in faith, giving glory to God! Fill me with love and zeal, that so, believing Your word, loving Your person, I may zealously do Your will.
Lord, why is this? I trembling cried;
Will You pursue Your worm to death?
“‘Tis in this way,” the Lord replied,
“I answer prayer for grace and faith.”
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
The Top Ten from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOOa sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDANRiver mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean toTASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus?Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVENwithout knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?