“Man is born to trouble as surely as sparks fly upward.” Job 5:7
“Many are the afflictions of the righteous!” Psalm 34:19
“Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows!” John 16:33
“We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God!” Acts 14:22
Since we are not in paradise–but in the wilderness, we must expect one trouble after another. As in the case of David . . . first he fought a lion, and then a bear, and then a giant, and then the Philistines, and then a King!
In the same way, believers may first fight with poverty, and then with envy, and then with slander, and then with sickness. They shall be like a laborer who is never out of work.
“While I continue on this side of eternity, I never expect to be free from trials and hardships–only to change them. Every new scene brings its new trials!” (George Whitefield)
“Troubles come, and then a respite is granted; and then new troubles follow on the heels of the old ones.” (Arthur Pink)
“Expect daily trouble while in the flesh. Something or other happens every day that will grieve us. Perhaps events concerning ourselves, our families, or friends, that are matters of sorrow. Perhaps we have some bodily pain or sickness every day; or, some cross and disappointment in our affairs.” (Matthew Henry)
“God has appointed this whole life to be as a race or a battle. The state of rest, wherein we shall be so out of danger as to have no need of watching and fighting, is for the eternal world.” (Jonathan Edwards)
“My own experience is a daily struggle with the evil within.” (Charles Spurgeon)
“O dear friends, make up your minds to carry the cross daily. To be fore-warned is to be fore-armed. All God’s children go through these tribulations.” (Robert Murray M’Cheyne)
“You will have your trials and crosses before you will have your crown–and they will not come in the way most suited to your natural wishes. A cross is to be a cross! You will have trials with your church, trials with your family, and trials with the world. But that monster SELF will be your worst trial! Nevertheless, as the sufferings abound, so also the consolations; and as your day is, so your strength shall be.” (William Tiptaft)
Henry Smith (ca. 1560 – 1591?) was an English clergyman, widely regarded as “the most popular Puritan preacher of Elizabethan London.” His sermons at St. Clement Danes drew enormous crowds and earned him a reputation as “Silver Tongued” Smith.
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2021
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Do ANGELS TAKE US TO HEAVEN When We Die?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas