From the book, Who Said That? by Shari Abbott
There are many pithy (concise and forcefully expressive) sayings that are used in everyday conversation. Many people use them, but most people have no idea of their origins. It should be no surprise that many of these sayings are found in the Bible. They long pre-date the time when the sayings came into use. This shows how the Bible has always had great influence on man’s life, relationships, and even everyday language. The fact that so many of these saying are still in use today underscores the timeless relevance of God’s Word.
Get the book, learn the sayings, and then, the next time you hear one of these sayings, ask the question, “Who said that?”
Be ready to share the biblical origin and turn the conversation to one of spiritual importance. Use the biblical sayings from Who said that? to start conversations about Jesus!
“To the Four Corners of the Earth”
These words are recordded in the books of Isaiah and Revelation. It is an expression that means all encompassing or to every part of the earth.
Isaiah 11:12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.
Revelation 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
Read More: Who Said That?
- "Seeing Eye to Eye" Who Said That?
- "Shout it from the Rooftop" Who Said That?
- “No Rest for the Wicked" Who Said That?
- “Laughter is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- “I Wash My Hands of It” Who Said That?
- “My Right Hand Man” Who Said That?
- “Hold Your Tongue!” Who Said That?
- “Eat, Drink and Be Merry.” Who Said That? (and don’t guess Dave Matthews)
- “By the Skin of My Teeth!” Who Said That?
- “A House Divided Cannot Stand” Who Said That?
The Book Who Said That?
Add this to an Easter Basket. Tuck it in a Christmas stocking. Give it as a hostess gift. Or buy it for yourself to get equipped, BECAUSE... It's easy to start conversations, but it's not easy to make them about matters of spiritual importance.
Turn the Talk
Jesus commissioned us to tell others about who He is and the saving grace He offers. Starting those conversations isn't always easy. So we must learn to listen for opportunities to "turn-the-talk." Hearing a common saying, or using one as you speak, opens the "door" to share the origin of the words in the Bible and to talk about the importance of the Bible and the Person who wrote it!
Who Said That? can also serve as a type of “tract” for your non-believing family and friends. It’s simply a look at the origins of sayings that we all use...until you get to the last few pages. The book closes with the saying, “Yada, yada, yada,” which means “you know, you know, you know.” The statement is then made: “God knows [yada] you” and the question is asked “Do you know [yada] Him?” The question is followed by a gospel presentation and an invitation to repent and trust in Christ, making this book a simple way to share the gospel with an unsaved (and often uninterested or unwilling-to-listen) friend.
All proceeds from products at the store go to support the ministry outreach of Reasons for Hope* Jesus.
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
Thank you to all who contributed in 2020. Your generosity is a blessing and encouragement to us. We did not meet expenses in 2020 and still need your help to continue our global outreach in 2021. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, we hope you will support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and. . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2020
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s Rod and Staff Different?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Which OT Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
How long did JOB SUFFER?
Three Heavens? Where is the THIRD HEAVEN?
What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
Should we call HIM JESUS? Or Yahweh? Or Yeshua?
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
JESUS WEPT. Why?
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's HALLELUJAH
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is Good ~ Psalm 34
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas