Many pithy (concise and forcefully expressive) sayings are used in everyday conversation. However, while many people use them, most people have no idea of their origins.
It should be no surprise that many of these sayings are found in the Bible, and long pre-date the time when the sayings came into use. This reveals how the Bible has always had a great influence on man’s life, relationships, and even common, everyday language. The fact that so many of these sayings are still in use today underscores the timeless relevance of God’s Word.
Get the book, learn the sayings, and the next time you hear one of these sayings, ask, “Who said that?” Be ready to share the biblical origin and turn the conversation to one of spiritual importance. Use the biblical sayings from Who said that? to start conversations about Jesus!
“Seeing Eye to Eye”
This saying, from the prophet Isaiah, indicates agreement.
Isaiah 52:8 Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye, when the LORD shall bring again Zion.
The opposite, avoiding eye contact, can be an indicator of disagreement or lack of trust or acceptance.
Read More: Who Said That?
- "Seeing Eye to Eye" Who Said That?
- "Shout it from the Rooftop" Who Said That?
- “No Rest for the Wicked" Who Said That?
- “Laughter is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- “I Wash My Hands of It” Who Said That?
- “My Right Hand Man” Who Said That?
- “Hold Your Tongue!” Who Said That?
- “Eat, Drink and Be Merry.” Who Said That? (and don’t guess Dave Matthews)
- “By the Skin of My Teeth!” Who Said That?
- “A House Divided Cannot Stand” Who Said That?
The Book Who Said That?
Add this to an Easter Basket. Tuck it in a Christmas stocking. Give it as a hostess gift. Or buy it for yourself, BECAUSE... It's easy to start conversations but not always easy to start a conversation about matters of spiritual importance.
Turn the Talk
Jesus commissioned us to tell others about who He is and the saving grace He offers. So we must listen for opportunities to "turn the talk." Hearing a common saying, or using one as you speak, opens the "door" to sharing its origin in the Bible, and talking about the relevance of the Bible and the significance of the Person who wrote it!
Who Said That? can also serve as a “tract” for your non-believing family and friends. It’s simply a look at the origins of sayings we all use...until you get to the last few pages. The book closes with the Hebrew saying, “Yada, yada, yada,” which means “you know, you know, you know.”
The statement is then made: “God knows [yada] you,” and the question is asked, “Do you know [yada] Him?” The question is followed by a gospel presentation and an invitation to repent and trust in Christ, making this book a simple way to share the gospel with an unsaved, and often uninterested or unwilling-to-listen, friend or family member.
All proceeds from products at the store go to support the ministry outreach of Reasons for Hope* Jesus.
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
At Reasons for Hope* Jesus, we are committed to equipping, encouraging, and empowering Christians to know Jesus better, love Him more, and share their faith. We also reach the lost through our Salvation Page.
With your support, we can continue to provide valuable resources and engaging content. Please join us in our mission by donating today. Your generous contribution helps us expand our outreach of sharing biblical truths and hope in Jesus. Thank you for your kindness and for being an integral part of our mission.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED