From the book, Who Said That? by Shari Abbott, Reasons for Hope* Jesus
There are many pithy (concise and forcefully expressive) sayings that are used in everyday conversation. Many people use them, but most people have no idea of their origins. It should be no surprise that many of these sayings are found in the Bible. They long pre-date the time when the sayings came into use. This shows how the Bible has always had great influence on man’s life, relationships, and even everyday language. The fact that so many of these saying are still in use today underscores the timeless relevance of God’s Word.
Get the book, learn the sayings, and then, the next time you hear one of these sayings, ask the question, “Who said that?”
Be ready to share the biblical origin and turn the conversation to one of spiritual importance. Use the biblical sayings from Who said that? to start conversations about Jesus!
“Shout It From The Rooftop”
This saying indicates a desire to proclaim something loudly and widely. During biblical times this was an effective way to reach a large audience of people. These words come from Jesus:
Matthew 10:27 What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.
The Book Who Said That?
Add this to an Easter Basket. Tuck it in a Christmas stocking. Give it as a summer read. Or buy it for yourself to get equipped, BECAUSE...
It's easy to start conversations, but it's not easy to make them about matters of spiritual importance.
Turn the Talk
Jesus commissioned us to tell others about who He is and the saving grace He offers. Starting those conversations isn't always easy. So we must learn to listen for opportunities to "turn-the-talk." Hearing a common saying, or using one as you speak, opens the "door" to share the origin of the words in the Bible and to talk about the importance of the Bible and the Person who wrote it!
Who Said That? can also serve as a type of “tract” for your non-believing family and friends. It’s simply a look at the origins of sayings that we all use...until you get to the last few pages. The book closes with the saying, “Yada, yada, yada,” which means “you know, you know, you know.” The statement is then made: “God knows [yada] you” and the question is asked “Do you know [yada] Him?” The question is followed by a gospel presentation and an invitation to repent and trust in Christ, making this book a simple way to share the gospel with an unsaved (and often uninterested or unwilling-to-listen) friend.
Buy the book! CLICK HERE
All proceeds from products at the store go to support the ministry outreach of Reasons for Hope* Jesus.
Read More: Who Said That?
- "Shout it from the Rooftop" Who Said That?
- “No Rest for the Wicked" Who Said That?
- “Laughter is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- “I Wash My Hands of It” Who Said That?
- “My Right Hand Man” Who Said That?
- “Hold Your Tongue!” Who Said That?
- “Eat, Drink and Be Merry.” Who Said That? (and don’t guess Dave Matthews)
- “By the Skin of My Teeth!” Who Said That?
- “A House Divided Cannot Stand” Who Said That?
About the Author: Shari Abbott, executive director for Reasons for Hope* Jesus, is an avid Bible reader and teacher. She is passionate about equipping and encouraging Christians to know Jesus better and to love Him more. Shari is the author of the books, Why the Butterfly? A Book About Rightly Remembering, Remember Me – A Course In Rightly Remembering, Who Said That? Common Everyday Sayings, Got Questions? We have Reasons for Hope (Reasons Books 1, 2 & 3), Fun with Shuns (biblical words ending in -tion) and How to Witness to Jehovah’s Witnesses, and Hear, See, Speak & Post No Evil (available at the Reasons for Hope*Jesus store or ebooks at Amazon).
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
Is my TATTOO a sin?
The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible? The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Is it a sin to be FAT?
To TAT (tattoo) or Not to Tat? Is That the Question?
What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
Can JEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAM Say on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge