“Draw me…. We will run after you…. The king has brought me into his chambers…. We will be glad and rejoice in you. We will remember your love more than wine.” Song of Solomon 1:4
“In You the fatherless finds mercy.” Hosea 14:3
- The needle in the mariner’s compass cannot rest until it points directly to the pole.
- The wise men of the East followed the course of the star which appeared unto them; and the star itself never stood still till it came right over the place illuminated by that other Star, which shone more brightly in the manger than the sun does in the firmament.
- Noah’s dove could find no rest for the sole of its foot all the while it was fluttering over the flood until it returned to the ark with an olive branch in its mouth.
So the heart of a true Christian can find no rest all the while it is hovering over the waters of this world. Only will the heart find rest, when it flies to Jesus with the silver wings of a dove, and the olive branch of faith. Then Jesus, the true Noah and Rest of our souls, who puts forth His hand out of the ark, taking the dove in, receives it to Himself. In His presence and in communion with Him, the believer finds safety, strength, and the most exalted joy.
Gracious Redeemer, let my soul find rest in You. Give me Your own peace, and render me happy in Your own love!
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR