“To you who believe, He is precious.” 1 Peter 2:7
Reader, put these few following questions to your own heart, as in the presence of God. If you can answer them affirmatively, doubt not your real interest in Him and in His great salvation.
- Is the Lord Jesus Christ precious to me, as He is to all that believe? 0nce He was to me without form or loveliness, and I saw no beauty in Him; is He now to me the chief of ten thousands, yes, altogether lovely?
- Do I behold an infinite amiableness and glory in His person, a transcendent excellency in His righteousness, an inexhaustible fullness in His grace, and a Heaven of happiness in His love?
- Do I esteem Him above every name, love Him above every creature and thing, and value an interest in Him before ten thousand worlds?
- Is the language of my soul, “None but Christ,” “Whom have I in Heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You”?
- Is all that men admire in the world esteemed by me as nothing when compared with the unsearchable riches of my Redeemer’s grace?
- Do I wish nothing so ardently, seek nothing so diligently, and rejoice in nothing so greatly, as to win Christ and be found in Him? Be this my portion! I want, I wish, I ask no more!
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR