“There are diversities of activities — but it is the same God who works all in all.” 1 Corinthians 12:6
- Some believers are remarkable for the strength of their faith in trials, even unto death.
- Others for liveliness and activity in duty.
- Others for wisdom and prudence.
- Others for their zeal in defense of the truth.
- Others for spiritual knowledge.
- Others for meekness and patience.
- Others for outward usefulness.
- And some for an inward and spiritual life of communion with God.
But all these are the various gifts and graces of the Holy Spirit, dividing severally to every man as He wills, and are given to profit withal, according to the place allotted to each in the Church or in the world.
My fellow-Christians, let us hence learn a lesson of forbearance to our brethren. It is not right to judge another by our own pattern. Are you a warm and active Christian? Condemn not him whose mind may be more placid and contemplative than yours. He who now creeps in humble silence may in a moment be raised higher than you are. The same may be said of other differences among the followers of Jesus.
Let us then no longer envy one another or indulge a rash and censorious spirit; but rather covet earnestly the best gifts, such as meekness and love. And, by the help of Divine grace, faithfully improve the talent committed to our trust, that each of us may receive that heart-reviving address, “Well done, good and faithful servant…. enter into the joy of your Lord!” The commendation of Jesus at the end will more than make up for all our efforts by the way.
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference:
Visit our Store