“There are diversities of activities — but it is the same God who works all in all.” 1 Corinthians 12:6
- Some believers are remarkable for the strength of their faith in trials, even unto death.
- Others for liveliness and activity in duty.
- Others for wisdom and prudence.
- Others for their zeal in defense of the truth.
- Others for spiritual knowledge.
- Others for meekness and patience.
- Others for outward usefulness.
- And some for an inward and spiritual life of communion with God.
But all these are the various gifts and graces of the Holy Spirit, dividing severally to every man as He wills, and are given to profit withal, according to the place allotted to each in the Church or in the world.
My fellow-Christians, let us hence learn a lesson of forbearance to our brethren. It is not right to judge another by our own pattern. Are you a warm and active Christian? Condemn not him whose mind may be more placid and contemplative than yours. He who now creeps in humble silence may in a moment be raised higher than you are. The same may be said of other differences among the followers of Jesus.
Let us then no longer envy one another or indulge a rash and censorious spirit; but rather covet earnestly the best gifts, such as meekness and love. And, by the help of Divine grace, faithfully improve the talent committed to our trust, that each of us may receive that heart-reviving address, “Well done, good and faithful servant…. enter into the joy of your Lord!” The commendation of Jesus at the end will more than make up for all our efforts by the way.
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
If you do NOT know Jesus, click here NOW!
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering
YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, we hope you will support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and we need your help to continue. Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?*** Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. Subscribe to our newsletter and we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email). SUBSCRIBE NOW
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR