“No one has ascended to Heaven but He who came down from Heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in Heaven.” John 3:13
No mere man whatever has entered or can enter into the secrets of God’s heart in Heaven, relating to the great mysteries of salvation, so as immediately and perfectly to understand them and make them known to others. This privilege is peculiar to the Messiah, who is spoken of under the character of ” the Son of Man” (Psalm 80:17; Daniel 7:13), and always had an existence in Heaven as the Son of God. He came from thence in an incarnate state, that He might reveal God’s counsels to men.
As many are perplexed about the Divinity of Christ, the following note may help them to conceive of that matter more properly:
The Divine and human natures were united in the person of Christ, yet some have attributed things to one nature, which properly belong to the other.
When it is said in 1 Corinthians 2:8 that the Lord of glory was crucified and, in Acts 20:28, He is called God who purchased the Church with His own blood, the meaning is not that God, as the Lord of glory, was crucified or shed His blood (as if the Divine nature could be crucified and bleed). It is to say that the Person, who was the Lord of glory in one nature, was crucified in the other nature.
Likewise when Jesus said, “The Son of Man is in Heaven” (John 3:13 above), the meaning is not that Jesus, as the Son of Man, was there while He was on the earth. Rather it is saying that He who was here in His human nature, was there in his Divine nature.
Great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference: ~ CLICK TO DONATE ~
Use PayPal or a Credit Card for safe, secure giving.
Visit our Store