A lot of Christians don’t share the gospel, the good news of the saving grace of Jesus Christ. Why? Perhaps one of these reasons:
- They are afraid they won’t have the right words.
- They won’t know how to answer questions.
- Or they think people just won’t listen when they speak.
All of those are legitimate concerns, but they aren’t reasons to keep silent. Notice that they are all about oneself. “I won’t have the right words.” “I won’t know the answers.” “People won’t listen to me.” If we preach the gospel in our own power, we will never do well. We must believe that when we tell of Jesus and the salvation He offers that One greater than us — the Holy Spirit — will empower us. Preaching the Gospel starts by having confidence, and effectively sharing starts with knowing and remembering that we are equipped.
Equipped to Share the Gospel
Paul spoke about this in Galatians when He prayed that utterance would be given to him so he would open his mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel (Eph 6:19). He also said that we are fully equipped to speak boldly, as we ought to speak (Eph 6:20), for we have been fully equipped from head to toe with these things:
- Helmet of Salvation on our heads so we remember that we are saved, that we have the mind of Christ, and that our minds are guarded by Jesus.
- Breastplate of Righteousness that guards our hearts so we can walk in the Lord’s righteousness and others may see Jesus in us.
- Belt of Truth that secures our confidence and allows us to speak the Truth.
- Sandals on our feet that prepare us to GO and share the Gospel of Peace.
- Shield of Faith for protection from the evil one
- Sword of The Spirit, which is the Word of God that equips us with power and authority to be a worthy ambassador of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Having put on our armor, we are equipped to share the good news of salvation in Jesus. But there is one more thing to do before we utter a word: Pray (Eph 6:18).
When Words Can’t Be Spoken
There is a way to preach the gospel without saying a word. Perhaps there’s not an opportunity to speak up, or the circumstances would make it difficult. Then preach the gospel without words: LEAVE A TRACT Tracts work. They plant the seeds of the gospel in the minds of all who read them. It might be someone who needs to hear the gospel to come to faith in Christ or it could be a Christian who needs to be reminded of the grace they’ve received. Before you leave a tract, pray that for the person who receives it will carefully read it and prayerfully respond. Sure, there might be some who will just toss it in the trash, but that’s not for us to worry about. Just leave them in all kinds of places and let the Lord work on the hearts of those who find them.
Business Card Gospel Tracts
- They fit in your wallet or pocket.
- They’re easy to leave (even inconspicuously).
- It’s likely they will be kept.
- It’s a great way to witness!
- What do people do with a business card? They read it! Then they put it in their wallet.
“Are You On The Right Road” Tract
Our newest tract has a unique mission (as suggested by one of our readers). The Right Road tract offers a contemporary challenge because everyone uses map Apps on their phones. But there’s one destination that no App can find — Heaven. No App can direct you there because none know the right road. Reason for Hope* Jesus’ “Are You On The Right Road” tract shows the Romans Road, with “roadsigns” along the way, including Diagnosis, Desperations, Decision, Deliverance, Pray, and Read.
A Most Unique and Effective Place to Leave a Tract
This comes from one of our readers. Consider placing one of these tracts (or any of our business card sized tracts) in the credit card slot after paying for your gas. The next gas pumper must withdraw it to insert a credit card, and they’re likely to read it while pumping the fuel. Hmmm…fuel for the car and fuel for the soul. Both will take you where you want to go! But only one lasts forever.
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- Can JEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference: ~ CLICK TO DONATE ~
Use PayPal or a Credit Card for safe, secure giving.
Visit our Store