A lot of Christians don’t share the gospel, the good news of the saving grace of Jesus Christ. Why? Perhaps one of these reasons:
- They are afraid they won’t have the right words.
- They won’t know how to answer questions.
- Or they think people just won’t listen when they speak.
All of those are legitimate concerns, but they aren’t reasons to keep silent. Notice that they are all about oneself. “I won’t have the right words.” “I won’t know the answers.” “People won’t listen to me.” If we preach the gospel in our own power, we will never do well. We must believe that when we tell of Jesus and the salvation He offers that One greater than us — the Holy Spirit — will empower us. Preaching the Gospel starts by having confidence, and effectively sharing starts with knowing and remembering that we are equipped.
Equipped to Share the Gospel
Paul spoke about this in Galatians when He prayed that utterance would be given to him so he would open his mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel (Eph 6:19). He also said that we are fully equipped to speak boldly, as we ought to speak (Eph 6:20), for we have been fully equipped from head to toe with these things:
- Helmet of Salvation on our heads so we remember that we are saved, that we have the mind of Christ, and that our minds are guarded by Jesus.
- Breastplate of Righteousness that guards our hearts so we can walk in the Lord’s righteousness and others may see Jesus in us.
- Belt of Truth that secures our confidence and allows us to speak the Truth.
- Sandals on our feet that prepare us to GO and share the Gospel of Peace.
- Shield of Faith for protection from the evil one
- Sword of The Spirit, which is the Word of God that equips us with power and authority to be a worthy ambassador of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Having put on our armor, we are equipped to share the good news of salvation in Jesus. But there is one more thing to do before we utter a word: Pray (Eph 6:18).
When Words Can’t Be Spoken
There is a way to preach the gospel without saying a word. Perhaps there’s not an opportunity to speak up, or the circumstances would make it difficult. Then preach the gospel without words: LEAVE A TRACT Tracts work. They plant the seeds of the gospel in the minds of all who read them. It might be someone who needs to hear the gospel to come to faith in Christ or it could be a Christian who needs to be reminded of the grace they’ve received. Before you leave a tract, pray that for the person who receives it will carefully read it and prayerfully respond. Sure, there might be some who will just toss it in the trash, but that’s not for us to worry about. Just leave them in all kinds of places and let the Lord work on the hearts of those who find them.
Business Card Gospel Tracts
- They fit in your wallet or pocket.
- They’re easy to leave (even inconspicuously).
- It’s likely they will be kept.
- It’s a great way to witness!
- What do people do with a business card? They read it! Then they put it in their wallet.
“Are You On The Right Road” Tract
Our newest tract has a unique mission (as suggested by one of our readers). The Right Road tract offers a contemporary challenge because everyone uses map Apps on their phones. But there’s one destination that no App can find — Heaven. No App can direct you there because none know the right road. Reason for Hope* Jesus’ “Are You On The Right Road” tract shows the Romans Road, with “roadsigns” along the way, including Diagnosis, Desperations, Decision, Deliverance, Pray, and Read.
A Most Unique and Effective Place to Leave a Tract
This comes from one of our readers. Consider placing one of these tracts (or any of our business card sized tracts) in the credit card slot after paying for your gas. The next gas pumper must withdraw it to insert a credit card, and they’re likely to read it while pumping the fuel. Hmmm…fuel for the car and fuel for the soul. Both will take you where you want to go! But only one lasts forever.
If you do NOT know Jesus, click here NOW!
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering
YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, we hope you will support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and we need your help to continue. Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?*** Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. Subscribe to our newsletter and we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email). SUBSCRIBE NOW
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR