A lot of Christians don’t share the gospel, the good news of the saving grace of Jesus Christ. Why? Perhaps one of these reasons:
- They are afraid they won’t have the right words.
- They won’t know how to answer questions.
- Or they think people just won’t listen when they speak.
All of those are legitimate concerns, but they aren’t reasons to keep silent. Notice that they are all about oneself. “I won’t have the right words.” “I won’t know the answers.” “People won’t listen to me.” If we preach the gospel in our own power, we will never do well. We must believe that when we tell of Jesus and the salvation He offers that One greater than us — the Holy Spirit — will empower us. Preaching the Gospel starts by having confidence, and effectively sharing starts with knowing and remembering that we are equipped.
Equipped to Share the Gospel
Paul spoke about this in Galatians when He prayed that utterance would be given to him so he would open his mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel (Eph 6:19). He also said that we are fully equipped to speak boldly, as we ought to speak (Eph 6:20), for we have been fully equipped from head to toe with these things:
- Helmet of Salvation on our heads so we remember that we are saved, that we have the mind of Christ, and that our minds are guarded by Jesus.
- Breastplate of Righteousness that guards our hearts so we can walk in the Lord’s righteousness and others may see Jesus in us.
- Belt of Truth that secures our confidence and allows us to speak the Truth.
- Sandals on our feet that prepare us to GO and share the Gospel of Peace.
- Shield of Faith for protection from the evil one
- Sword of The Spirit, which is the Word of God that equips us with power and authority to be a worthy ambassador of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Having put on our armor, we are equipped to share the good news of salvation in Jesus. But there is one more thing to do before we utter a word: Pray (Eph 6:18).
When Words Can’t Be Spoken
There is a way to preach the gospel without saying a word. Perhaps there’s not an opportunity to speak up, or the circumstances would make it difficult. Then preach the gospel without words: LEAVE A TRACT Tracts work. They plant the seeds of the gospel in the minds of all who read them. It might be someone who needs to hear the gospel to come to faith in Christ or it could be a Christian who needs to be reminded of the grace they’ve received. Before you leave a tract, pray that for the person who receives it will carefully read it and prayerfully respond. Sure, there might be some who will just toss it in the trash, but that’s not for us to worry about. Just leave them in all kinds of places and let the Lord work on the hearts of those who find them.
Business Card Gospel Tracts
- They fit in your wallet or pocket.
- They’re easy to leave (even inconspicuously).
- It’s likely they will be kept.
- It’s a great way to witness!
- What do people do with a business card? They read it! Then they put it in their wallet.
“Are You On The Right Road” Tract
Our newest tract has a unique mission (as suggested by one of our readers). The Right Road tract offers a contemporary challenge because everyone uses map Apps on their phones. But there’s one destination that no App can find — Heaven. No App can direct you there because none know the right road. Reason for Hope* Jesus’ “Are You On The Right Road” tract shows the Romans Road, with “roadsigns” along the way, including Diagnosis, Desperations, Decision, Deliverance, Pray, and Read.
A Most Unique and Effective Place to Leave a Tract
This comes from one of our readers. Consider placing one of these tracts (or any of our business card sized tracts) in the credit card slot after paying for your gas. The next gas pumper must withdraw it to insert a credit card, and they’re likely to read it while pumping the fuel. Hmmm…fuel for the car and fuel for the soul. Both will take you where you want to go! But only one lasts forever.
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2021
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Do ANGELS TAKE US TO HEAVEN When We Die?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas