“Hear, my children, the instruction of a father, and give attention to know understanding.” Proverbs 4:1
“We speak what We know and testify what We have seen.” John 3:11
“Beloved, do not believe every spirit — but test the spirits, whether they are of God.” 1 John 4:1
Reader, let the following monitions, the result of long experience and observation designed for your spiritual good, be acceptable to you. Let the life you live in the flesh be by faith in the Son of God. Labor after a constant soul-reviving fellowship with the Father and the Son, through the Holy Spirit. Watch over your passions, conduct, and conversation, so that the Spirit of the Lord be not grieved, nor His comfortable influences withdrawn from your soul. Be ready for every good work, as you have ability and opportunity; and take special care that your good be not evil spoken of, through the manner of your performing it. Let no external services whatever, either respecting yourself or others, make you neglect a constant watchfulness over the inward motions of your own heart. Let the written word of God be your invariable rule, both in principle and practice. Whatever persuasion advances not the Redeemer’s honor and tends not to magnify His grace, work, and salvation, comes not of Him that calls us. Be very earnest after meekness, humility, patience, self-denial, inward holiness, and all other graces of the Spirit; these carry their own evidence that they are wrought of God, and in their blessed effects will remain with you forevermore. Daily pray for and expect the renewings of the Holy Spirit.
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference: ~ CLICK TO DONATE ~
Use PayPal or a Credit Card for safe, secure giving.
Visit our Store