Blessed art Thou oh Lord our God, maker of heaven and earth, holy and righteous and just art Thou, and we Your people rejoice that we can raise up to the new day You have given us and acknowledge You and give praise to You and recognize just who You are. Blessed be Thy name oh Lord our God!
From the book of Ezekiel we read,
“Behold, all souls are Mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is Mine. The soul who sins will die. But . . .” (Ezekiel 18:4-5 – NASB)
Justice! The vast majority of people, I would think, desire justice. It is not going too far to say, I believe, that people desire of our system of law that it be a just system, that it be bent on seeing that justice is achieved; the evil doer is punished and the person or persons violated are left to know that justice has been achieved on their behalf.
As one who has watched my share of Law & Order programs on the tube, it is clear that, in our day, achieving justice is slowly becoming a lost art. Justice, for victims of crime, is not always achieved. These TV programs have served to show me the vast amount of injustice that exists in our current day justice system. I tend, in my viewing of Law & Order programs, to see a justice system that has evolved into that which leans more favorably toward the one who commits the crime than toward the one who has been victimized. The programs are, so very often, very frustrating to watch. It would seem that man, in his attempt to be perfect, has turned the justice system in favor of the law-breaker rather than in the favor of the law-abider.
If I were a person with hope alone in this world and its systems, especially its justice systems, I would be a very concerned citizen. I would for certain be a person skeptical of the system that is supposed to provide justice to me if for some reason I am violated by someone who seeks to do me harm.
But, as a citizen of heaven (Philippians 3:20), as a child of God, as one who has had their understanding shaped by the precepts of God, I know for a fact that my God is just! And I know for a fact that He will always deal justly. And I know that true justice is always the product of His dealings with man.
God lets us know in our text that “all souls” belong to Him. He assures us that, “the soul who sins will die.” Justice will be achieved against all who have violated Him and His law.
“But . . .” it is written, yes there is a “but,”
“. . . if a man is righteous and practices justice and righteousness . . . if he walks in My statutes and My ordinances so as to deal faithfully — he is righteous and will surely live.” (Ezekiel 18:5, 9 – NASB)
God always deals justly and His Word assures us of this. The world’s justice system may be corrupt and becoming more and more corrupt, but God and His system, a system recorded in His “statutes” and His “ordinances” will, on every occasion, deal out true justice.
Advice to the lawyers and the judges and the law-makers . . . it is essential that they hear the Word of the Lord! Their means of achieving justice have become defiled, have become ineffective, lacking in their ability to right the wrong. Listen to the voice of the Lord . . .
“Repent and turn away from all your transgressions, so that iniquity may not become a stumbling block to you” (Ezekiel 18:30 – NASB)
It is essential for those whose business is the law, who are the ones who it is expected of to achieve justice, that they not try to do what they do outside the counsel of God’s Word or, their “iniquity (will) become a stumbling block to” them.
Have a good day brethren . . . and always be assured in your heart that though the world’s justice system may prove unjust, God’s system, as recorded in His Word, will not. He is always just and He always deals justly, with every soul.
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
The Top Ten from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOOa sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDANRiver mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean toTASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus?Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVENwithout knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?