Fear is an infectious disease that doesn’t kill the body but rather controls the mind, crushes the soul, and hardens the heart. Fear is not of faith. Rather, it is one of Satan’s greatest tools to break relationships, diminish love, replace faith, steal joy, and turn one’s eyes inward rather than upward. Fear is Satan’s most destructive tool and he uses it against Christians every day.
God warns us against fear because it will control a person’s mind and heart. Jesus said that men’s hearts would fail them because of fear (Luke 21:26). Fear ruling in one’s heart will direct one’s words and actions. Living in fear of something, or someone, is bondage. Living in faith is freedom. And it comes when one’s trust is in the Lord.
Prov 29:25 The fear of man brings a snare, But whoever trusts in the LORD shall be safe.
Isa 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.
2 Tim 1:7 For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Fear is of Satan, But Faith is of God
It has been said that one can determine if they are living for Jesus, in His kingdom and not the world’s, based on their level of peace. The closer you are to Jesus, the more peace you will experience
Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is …righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Jesus is always with us and therefore, we need never fear.
“…For He has said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee” (Heb 13:5) and therefore, “we can boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.” (Heb 13:6)
Don’t let fear distance you from the Lord, or separate you from fellowship in the family of God. Let faith reign in your mind and direct your thoughts, words, and actions in love.
1 John 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. [in faith, not fear]
1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but, perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.
Gal 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.
Cast You Fear in the Fire – For Fear, He is a Liar
Fear opens the door for the devil to influence your mind and heart. Faith waits confidently on the Lord and trusts in Him. If you belong to Jesus, He has given you His peace (John 14:27, Gal 5:22). Are you living in it?
Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (John 14:27)
Cast your fear in the fire. Always remember that you have the peace of the Lord, But also remember that Satan wants to steal it from you.
Do not be afraid of sudden terror,
Nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes;
For the LORD will be your confidence,
And will keep your foot from being caught.
Read about a witnessing encounter that shows how real fear gripped a man who was ready to trust in Jesus and continues to hold the person captive: Fear is a Liar — Witnessing Encounter
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2021
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Do ANGELS TAKE US TO HEAVEN When We Die?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas