Some Christians will talk about intelligent design and claim that it points to God and proves evolution false, but that’s not really true.
Intelligent design, which is sometimes called ID, points to the apparent order in the universe and infers that it could not have come about through random processes, as evolution teaches. ID says that if we see design, it’s logical to infer that there is also a designer.
Intelligent Design, however, does not point to God. It claims a designer but does not name that designer as our Creator God. It also fails to address the impact of the fall on creation. Because of one man’s sin (Adam, Rom 5:12), God’s beautiful and perfect creation was cursed and death entered the world.
The Intelligent Design Movement does refute evolution and it addresses errors in Darwinianism, but it does not reveal the whole truth about origins. As Christians, we are creationists. We get our understanding of creation from the Bible, which tells that our Triune God is both Designer and Creator! He spoke the earth into existence and created man in His image (Genesis 1). And when man turned from his Creator God and sinned, God revealed His great love for all His creation and promised deliverance (Genesis 3).
The Bible offers all truths about creation and redemption. Design theories will always fall short because they are just that…theories. The “shifting sands” of man’s theories will never support the banner of truth that the rock-solid foundation of the Bible does. We know what the Bible says about building a house on shifting sand. It will not stand. But having been built on the rock of Jesus, the Word of God endures forever.
In Colossian 1:15-20, Paul writes about God as both Creator and Redeemer. The world around us testifies to the love and grace of our wonderful Creator. Intelligent Design certainly understands an Intelligent Designer but fails to recognize the designer as God. And that hinders their ability to see Him as Redeemer.
General and Special Revelation
Creation is the general revelation of God. Look around and see the beauty of God’s handiwork. Use it to open conversations with those who don’t know Jesus. But then turn the conversation, and share the special revelation of God found in His Word. Tell people, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.” (John 3:16-17)
Our commission is not to argue evolution and Intelligent Design. Nor is it to argue the facts of biblical creation. Our commission is to point people to the one true Creator and Redeemer and the salvation that is only found in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Christian apologists Alex McFarland and Shari Abbott answer some of life's many questions concerning the gospel, faith, and the Bible by sharing Truth for a New Generation and Reasons for Hope found only in Jesus. For more information about apologist, evangelist, author, and religion and culture analyst, Alex McFarland, visit www.alexmcfarland.com. For more information about Shari Abbott, executive director of Reasons for Hope* Jesus, click here.
Truth for a New Generation (TNG) serves nationwide, featuring a multi-year conference tour and student-led club program to equip teenagers, parents, grandparents, and others who lead them to live for God. TNG's mission is to creatively communicate a compelling Christian worldview to the next generation by giving answers to tough questions, based on the truths of Scripture, and to build up the Body of Christ to stand strong and boldly proclaim the gospel in the world. For more information and resources visit www.truthforanewgeneration.com.
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference: ~ CLICK TO DONATE ~
Use PayPal or a Credit Card for safe, secure giving.
Visit our Store