From Peter’s second letter we read,
“Therefore, I shall always be ready to remind you of these things, even though you already know them, and have been established in the truth which is present with you. And I consider it right, as long as I am in this earthly dwelling, to stir you up by way of reminder . . .” (II Peter 1:12-13 – NASB)
“Always . . . ready to remind you” of what “things?”
” . . . seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence” (II Peter 1:3 – NASB)
And . . .
“For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, in order that by them you might become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust” (II Peter 1:4 – NASB)
And so . . .
“Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply . . .
moral excellence . . .
knowledge . . .
self-control . . .
perseverance . . .
godliness . . .
brotherly kindness . . .
love . . .
For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins.” (II Peter 1:5-9 – NASB)
“Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing of you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble.” (II Peter 1:10 – NASB)
Peter, by the leading of the Holy Spirit, was “always . . . ready to remind (us)” of “these things,” and he was going to do so “as long as (he was) in (his) earthly dwelling,” his fleshly body.
Let us be of the same mind then, “always ready to remind” each other of these words from holy Scripture, “diligent” to do so, “reminding” each other that “as long as (we) practice these things, (we) will never stumble,” will never be “useless” or “unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
Have a good day . . . and as you walk never think that you are without need of a reminder, on a daily basis, of God’s instruction to you from His Word.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIEDon Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
Is my TATTOO a sin?
The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible? The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Is it a sin to be FAT?
To TAT (tattoo) or Not to Tat? Is That the Question?
What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
CanJEWSgo toHEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAMSay on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge