From Peter’s first letter we read,
“. . . since Christ also suffered for (us) . . . He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds (we) were healed.” (I Peter 2:21, 24 – NASB)
That I should have an interest in such things, an interest in the very fact that “Christ . . . suffered for” me, that “He bore” my “sins” on a “cross.” Surely all of this makes me think of the old hymn,
“And can it be that I should gain,
An interest in the Savior’s blood?
Died He for me, who caused His pain?
For me, who Him, to death pursued?
Amazing love! How can it be,
That Thou, my God, should’st die for me?”
Wonderment! Yes, that is what it is! Wonderment! “That Thou, my God” has “bore” my sins at Calvary. Oh for sure it is “amazing love,” is it not?
“See how great a love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called children of God” (I John 3:1 – NASB)
That I should have “an interest” in such things is His doing, and a great doing it is! For the Spirit of God has brought truth to my heart and with this great truth I am filled with “interest in the Savior’s blood.” For, “by His wounds” I am “healed,” washed clean, and now “called” a “child of God.”
That I should have an “interest” in such things? Oh yes, a deep, deep “interest.” For I was dead, separated from God by my sins, dead-headed for hell, lost in my trespasses . . .
“But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved).” (Ephesians 2:4-5 – NASB)
May my “interest” never cease to be . . . . and may I, in loving response to all that He has done for me, seek, as He so desires, to “die to sin and live to righteousness.”
Have a good day . . . and we search the Scriptures with great interest, don’t we? That we might learn more and more about our great God and Savior Jesus Christ!
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIEDon Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
Is my TATTOO a sin?
The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible? The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Is it a sin to be FAT?
To TAT (tattoo) or Not to Tat? Is That the Question?
What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
CanJEWSgo toHEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAMSay on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge