From Peter’s first letter we read,
“. . . since Christ also suffered for (us) . . . He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds (we) were healed.” (I Peter 2:21, 24 – NASB)
That I should have an interest in such things, an interest in the very fact that “Christ . . . suffered for” me, that “He bore” my “sins” on a “cross.” Surely all of this makes me think of the old hymn,
“And can it be that I should gain,
An interest in the Savior’s blood?
Died He for me, who caused His pain?
For me, who Him, to death pursued?
Amazing love! How can it be,
That Thou, my God, should’st die for me?”
Wonderment! Yes, that is what it is! Wonderment! “That Thou, my God” has “bore” my sins at Calvary. Oh for sure it is “amazing love,” is it not?
“See how great a love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called children of God” (I John 3:1 – NASB)
That I should have “an interest” in such things is His doing, and a great doing it is! For the Spirit of God has brought truth to my heart and with this great truth I am filled with “interest in the Savior’s blood.” For, “by His wounds” I am “healed,” washed clean, and now “called” a “child of God.”
That I should have an “interest” in such things? Oh yes, a deep, deep “interest.” For I was dead, separated from God by my sins, dead-headed for hell, lost in my trespasses . . .
“But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved).” (Ephesians 2:4-5 – NASB)
May my “interest” never cease to be . . . . and may I, in loving response to all that He has done for me, seek, as He so desires, to “die to sin and live to righteousness.”
Have a good day . . . and we search the Scriptures with great interest, don’t we? That we might learn more and more about our great God and Savior Jesus Christ!
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
The Top Ten from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOOa sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDANRiver mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean toTASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus?Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVENwithout knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?