A picture of Jesus hanging in a middle school hallway in Jackson, OH came under attack recently. The painting has hung in the hallway of the school since 1947.
The first week of January, critics from the Freedom from Religion Foundation warned the school district that displaying the painting in a public school is unconstitutional. The school board responded by holding a public meeting, which was attended by more than 300 people who voiced their opposition to the removal of the painting. A hand-vote followed, confirming overwhelming support for the painting to remain in the school.
After 40 minutes of public comment the superintendent announced, “With support of the board, the picture will stay.” And the crowd cheered.
So for now, Jesus will stay in the middle school in Jackson, OH.
We face this everyday and in every way. All around us people are trying to remove Jesus. He’s just not welcome anymore in many places. We fight this with community support, as in the case of Jackson, OH, and with legal defense declaring freedom of speech and religious rights. But nevertheless, Jesus is being told to “go” and we live in a world that is rejecting him more and more each day.
The real battle here will not be won with words. It will not be determined by hand-votes or decisions of those in authority.
The real battle is a battle for the hearts of people. Inviting Jesus into our homes, schools and workplaces starts first with inviting Him into our hearts.
We need to be like John the Baptist. In Luke 1:17[bracketed information added], His father was told by an angel:
And he [John] shall go before him [Jesus] in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.
How do we “make ready a people prepared for the Lord”?
We share the gospel message of saving grace, found only in Jesus Christ.
Only when the hearts of the people are turned to the Father will Jesus be welcomed and embraced in our country.
Go serve your King and tell someone who doesn’t know Jesus about what He has done for you and what He offers to do for them. Tell people about His saving grace.
When we turn the hearts of the lost to Jesus, they will come to know True Hope and then they will answer, yes….
let Him stay!
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- Can JEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference: ~ CLICK TO DONATE ~
Use PayPal or a Credit Card for safe, secure giving.
Visit our Store