From the book of Job we read,
“But where shall wisdom be found?” (Job 28:12 – KJV)
The world likes to pigeon-hole Christians as those who have embraced a faith in which they have dis-engaged their minds. They see Christians as mindless zombie-like creatures that never seek wisdom. Obviously they have never read the Scriptures!
In chapter 28 of the book of Job, Job notes that “wisdom” cannot be found in silver and gold or iron from the earth (v 1-2). It cannot be mined as if it were a solid, visible object to be held in the palm of one’s hand. It cannot be purchased like some sort of commodity (v 13-19).
“Where” then “shall wisdom be found?”
“Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom” (Job 28:28 – NKJV)
Those of higher education, those who flaunt their worldly degrees and citations, tend to seek “wisdom” from man. They believe man is the source of this precious virtue. But the Scriptures say otherwise, saying that “the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom.” Want “wisdom?” This is where it starts and this is where it is . . . in “the fear of the Lord.”
How valuable is this “wisdom?”
“For the price of wisdom is above rubies. The topaz of Ethiopia cannot equal it, nor can it be valued in pure gold.” (Job 28:18-19 – NKJV)
So Christians are not a people who have abandoned their minds or any desire for “wisdom.” On the contrary, they have been encouraged by the Scriptures to ask where “wisdom can be found” and they are then counseled by these same Scriptures as to where it is. It is a fact that Christians have a grasp on true “wisdom.” And in his or her embracing of Christ as Lord and Savior, the believer knows that regarding Christ, that He . . . .
” . . . became for us wisdom from God” (I Corinthians 1:30 – NKJV)
The Christian knows this of Christ . . .
“in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom” (Colossians 2:3 – NKJV)
“Where” shall this valuable virtue of “wisdom be found?” The Christian knows . . . the world, in all their pomp and ceremony and degrees and citations, if they do not “fear the Lord,” if they do not embrace Christ, then they know not true “wisdom.”
If a person desires true “wisdom” they will find it in the Word of God, for it will instruct them regarding “the fear of the Lord.” And they will be commanded to repent and believe on Jesus the Christ as Lord and Savior, believe on Him “in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom.”
“For the LORD gives wisdom . . . He stores up sound wisdom for the upright” (Proverbs 2:6-7 – NKJV)
Have a good day . . . and be encouraged that if you know Christ, if you are in and of His Word, then you should have a handle on true wisdom.
The Top Ten from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.