From the book of Job we read,
“But where shall wisdom be found?” (Job 28:12 – KJV)
The world likes to pigeon-hole Christians as those who have embraced a faith in which they have dis-engaged their minds. They see Christians as mindless zombie-like creatures that never seek wisdom. Obviously they have never read the Scriptures!
In chapter 28 of the book of Job, Job notes that “wisdom” cannot be found in silver and gold or iron from the earth (v 1-2). It cannot be mined as if it were a solid, visible object to be held in the palm of one’s hand. It cannot be purchased like some sort of commodity (v 13-19).
“Where” then “shall wisdom be found?”
“Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom” (Job 28:28 – NKJV)
Those of higher education, those who flaunt their worldly degrees and citations, tend to seek “wisdom” from man. They believe man is the source of this precious virtue. But the Scriptures say otherwise, saying that “the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom.” Want “wisdom?” This is where it starts and this is where it is . . . in “the fear of the Lord.”
How valuable is this “wisdom?”
“For the price of wisdom is above rubies. The topaz of Ethiopia cannot equal it, nor can it be valued in pure gold.” (Job 28:18-19 – NKJV)
So Christians are not a people who have abandoned their minds or any desire for “wisdom.” On the contrary, they have been encouraged by the Scriptures to ask where “wisdom can be found” and they are then counseled by these same Scriptures as to where it is. It is a fact that Christians have a grasp on true “wisdom.” And in his or her embracing of Christ as Lord and Savior, the believer knows that regarding Christ, that He . . . .
” . . . became for us wisdom from God” (I Corinthians 1:30 – NKJV)
The Christian knows this of Christ . . .
“in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom” (Colossians 2:3 – NKJV)
“Where” shall this valuable virtue of “wisdom be found?” The Christian knows . . . the world, in all their pomp and ceremony and degrees and citations, if they do not “fear the Lord,” if they do not embrace Christ, then they know not true “wisdom.”
If a person desires true “wisdom” they will find it in the Word of God, for it will instruct them regarding “the fear of the Lord.” And they will be commanded to repent and believe on Jesus the Christ as Lord and Savior, believe on Him “in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom.”
“For the LORD gives wisdom . . . He stores up sound wisdom for the upright” (Proverbs 2:6-7 – NKJV)
Have a good day . . . and be encouraged that if you know Christ, if you are in and of His Word, then you should have a handle on true wisdom.
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIEDon Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- What are the Colors of Sin, Sorry, and Saved? (TEACHING CHILDREN About Salvation)
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE Most Often?
- Did We Exist as Spirit Beings Prior to Birth? (Jer 1:5)
- How Does Satan Attack Christians? What are His Big THREE SCHEMES?
- The MOST POPULAR BOOK in the Bible? The Least Popular Book?
- WHERE DID JESUS GO When He Died?
- Does a Wedding Ceremony Have Prophetic Typology of the Rapture?
Is my TATTOO a sin?
The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible? The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Is it a sin to be FAT?
To TAT (tattoo) or Not to Tat? Is That the Question?
What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
CanJEWSgo toHEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
The Top Ten from 2017
- “The Five LOVE LANGUAGES” by God
- CANCER Hope: I Am Not Afraid
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray (A Fun VISION TEST)
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- Are you GLAD to SEE Jesus?
- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: Names and Titles of Jesus
- What Would BILLY GRAHAMSay on His 99th Birthday?
- 24 Reasons Why I LOVE AMERICA, by John Wayne
- REFORMATION QUIZ: Discerning Truth and Error
- President RONALD REAGAN Sharing A Soldier’s Pledge