From the book of Job we read,
“But where shall wisdom be found?” (Job 28:12 – KJV)
The world likes to pigeon-hole Christians as those who have embraced a faith in which they have dis-engaged their minds. They see Christians as mindless zombie-like creatures that never seek wisdom. Obviously they have never read the Scriptures!
In chapter 28 of the book of Job, Job notes that “wisdom” cannot be found in silver and gold or iron from the earth (v 1-2). It cannot be mined as if it were a solid, visible object to be held in the palm of one’s hand. It cannot be purchased like some sort of commodity (v 13-19).
“Where” then “shall wisdom be found?”
“Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom” (Job 28:28 – NKJV)
Those of higher education, those who flaunt their worldly degrees and citations, tend to seek “wisdom” from man. They believe man is the source of this precious virtue. But the Scriptures say otherwise, saying that “the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom.” Want “wisdom?” This is where it starts and this is where it is . . . in “the fear of the Lord.”
How valuable is this “wisdom?”
“For the price of wisdom is above rubies. The topaz of Ethiopia cannot equal it, nor can it be valued in pure gold.” (Job 28:18-19 – NKJV)
So Christians are not a people who have abandoned their minds or any desire for “wisdom.” On the contrary, they have been encouraged by the Scriptures to ask where “wisdom can be found” and they are then counseled by these same Scriptures as to where it is. It is a fact that Christians have a grasp on true “wisdom.” And in his or her embracing of Christ as Lord and Savior, the believer knows that regarding Christ, that He . . . .
” . . . became for us wisdom from God” (I Corinthians 1:30 – NKJV)
The Christian knows this of Christ . . .
“in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom” (Colossians 2:3 – NKJV)
“Where” shall this valuable virtue of “wisdom be found?” The Christian knows . . . the world, in all their pomp and ceremony and degrees and citations, if they do not “fear the Lord,” if they do not embrace Christ, then they know not true “wisdom.”
If a person desires true “wisdom” they will find it in the Word of God, for it will instruct them regarding “the fear of the Lord.” And they will be commanded to repent and believe on Jesus the Christ as Lord and Savior, believe on Him “in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom.”
“For the LORD gives wisdom . . . He stores up sound wisdom for the upright” (Proverbs 2:6-7 – NKJV)
Have a good day . . . and be encouraged that if you know Christ, if you are in and of His Word, then you should have a handle on true wisdom.
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2021
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
More Popular Got Questions & Articles
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Do ANGELS TAKE US TO HEAVEN When We Die?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas