“We wish to see Jesus.” John 12:21
“You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.” John 5:39
It is remarkable that the wise men, traveling to find Christ, followed only the star. As long as they had the star in view, they were assured that they were in the right way, and we may believe had great pleasure in their journey. But when they entered Jerusalem (whereas the star led them not there — but to Bethlehem), they were still at a loss to determine where the newborn Savior was to be found. They had lost sight of the star that should guide them there.
When we are inquiring about the doctrine of Christ and feel anxious to approach Him, let us keep in view the star of God’s word. This will indeed prove a light to our paths by following which, while others are misled by the meteors of imagination, we shall be brought to the knowledge of Christ here, and to the full enjoyment of Him hereafter.
Reader, the whole design of short devotions is to lead you to “search the Scriptures,” which are able to make you wise unto salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. God’s word, rightly used, always leads to Jesus.
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
About Focusing Your Eyes on Jesus
Eph 1:18 [May] the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
- Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
- Are you glad to see Jesus?
- Close Your Eyes and SEE Jesus!
- Pause to See Jesus
- Day by Day: Three Things to Pray
- See Jesus on every page of the Bible!
- We Wish To See Jesus
The Top Ten Power of Hope Articles from 2018
- JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
- The GATE OF THE YEAR: A Message to a Troubled Nation
- TWO WOMEN—Two Stories—Two Songs
- “LAUGHTER is the Best Medicine” Who Said That?
- The WIZARD OF OZ and God
- Following the Good, Great, and Chief SHEPHERD
- The best EULOGY to remember a father!
- ISRAEL Celebrates 70 YEARS As A Nation & the Significance for Christians
- HELLO DARKNESS, My Old Friend: The Sounds of Silence
- CHARLIE BROWN THEOLOGY
Our Ministry’s Two Favorite Articles from 2018:
Facing Terminal Cancer with Hope & Joy
When the Battle is Lost but the Victory is Won — Saying Goodbye to a Friend
The Top Ten Got Questions? Articles from 2018
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Where did OT Saints go at death?ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- Should we call HIS NAME Jesus? Or Yahweh?Or Yeshua?
- Jesus said, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Why?
- CanJEWS go to HEAVEN without knowing Jesus?
Other Popular Questions:
- Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Why Is PRAYER Important?
- Is There a Hidden Message in Revelation 7?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Top Three Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Christian Version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- Memorial Day Bagpipes Tribute: Amazing Grace
- Psalm 34 – Taste and See That the Lord is Good
Reasons for Hope* Jesus is a non-profit, donor-supported ministry.
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING REASONS FOR HOPE* JESUS.
A donation of any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated.
You Can Make a Difference:
Visit our Store