What does it mean to be walking with God?
“Enoch walked with God.” Genesis 5:24
Happy are they who in their early days are turned from sin, themselves, and the world, by repentance toward God and faith in the Promised Seed, as Enoch was, who, from the time of his conversion, walked with God in continued progress.
To “walk with God” is to come out from a sinful generation and cleave to the Lord, as Noah and Caleb did, and God requires this of all believers (2 Corinthians 6:17).
- It is setting the Lord before our eyes continually and fearing Him always, as Joseph and Nehemiah did, thereby avoiding everything that would offend Him.
- It is also making an open profession of faith in Him and zeal for His service, as our highest honor and best interest.
- And further, it is such a walk as obtains a holy intimacy and communion with God, which is kept up by constant meditation, prayer, and praise, by our hearkening to the voice of His word and Spirit, and humbling ourselves before Him; hereby holiness is promoted and encouraged in the soul.
Thus “Enoch walked with God.” Enoch:
- Maintained holy confidence in God,
- Committed all his ways to Him,
- Expected help from Him, and
- Rejoiced in the hopes of being with Him forever.
For these happy ends, the grace of God is sufficient for all that see their need and ask it. The Lord help us to seek it, that like Enoch, we may walk with God here below, and live with Him forever in glory. Walking with God is honorable, useful, and happy. How can we be unhappy with God for our Companion?
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
Be Ready Always...
to give a reason for the Hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15). When you can’t share the gospel with your words, share it by leaving tracts that tell people about God's grace.
When leaving a tract, always be diligent to pray about the short gospel message. Pray that it be found by someone who is in need of Jesus’ saving grace, and pray that the person will have a tender heart and open ears to receive the gift Jesus desires to give them.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, even a small tract can help in turning a broken sinner from darkness to light.
SHARE THE GOSPEL!
The Top Ten in 2019
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Why Does the LGBT Use God’s Rainbow For Its Flag?
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR