What does it mean to be walking with God?
“Enoch walked with God.” Genesis 5:24
Happy are they who in their early days are turned from sin, themselves, and the world, by repentance toward God and faith in the Promised Seed, as Enoch was, who, from the time of his conversion, walked with God in continued progress.
To “walk with God” is to come out from a sinful generation and cleave to the Lord, as Noah and Caleb did, and God requires this of all believers (2 Corinthians 6:17).
- It is setting the Lord before our eyes continually and fearing Him always, as Joseph and Nehemiah did, thereby avoiding everything that would offend Him.
- It is also making an open profession of faith in Him and zeal for His service, as our highest honor and best interest.
- And further, it is such a walk as obtains a holy intimacy and communion with God, which is kept up by constant meditation, prayer, and praise, by our hearkening to the voice of His word and Spirit, and humbling ourselves before Him; hereby holiness is promoted and encouraged in the soul.
Thus “Enoch walked with God.” Enoch:
- Maintained holy confidence in God,
- Committed all his ways to Him,
- Expected help from Him, and
- Rejoiced in the hopes of being with Him forever.
For these happy ends, the grace of God is sufficient for all that see their need and ask it. The Lord help us to seek it, that like Enoch, we may walk with God here below, and live with Him forever in glory. Walking with God is honorable, useful, and happy. How can we be unhappy with God for our Companion?
Devotion by Karl Heinrich von Bogatzky (1690—1774)
Read more Hope for Today Devotions
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
Thank you to all who contributed in 2020. Your generosity is a blessing and encouragement to us. We did not meet expenses in 2020 and still need your help to continue our global outreach in 2021. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, we hope you will support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and. . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
Top Ten in 2019
- What is the meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- What is the meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- Is my TATTOO a sin?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- CHARLIE BROWN Theology
- What Does It Mean to TASTE & SEE That God Is Good? (Psalm 34)
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM? Where was that?
- Is It a Sin to Drink ALCOHOL?
More Popular Questions & Articles:
If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Baptized Again?
How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM? Psalm 22
Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER? Or Should We Call Him Satan?
What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
The Names of Jehovah hidden in Psalm 23! This will surprise you!
What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
JESUS WEPT. Why? And…it’s not the shortest verse in the Bible!
Is There a Remez (HIDDEN MESSAGE ) in Revelation 7? Why is Dan Missing?
What Does it Mean to Be A CHILD OF GOD?
Why Is PRAYER Important?
Is SUICIDE an Unforgivable Sin?
Something ALL Christians must know: IVDARR
Our Top Three Videos
Help us spread the good news and saving grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Please tell your friends about ReasonsforHopeJesus.com. If you have a website or blog, please link to ReasonsforHopeJesus.com. All resources on this site © Reasons for Hope* Jesus -- click for Republication Permissions or contact hope@reasonsforhopeJesus.com