In the Bible are many allusions to, and types of, the Antichrist and his power. Throughout history, there have been whispers of the man of sin who will one day deceive the world. Take a minute and consider what these verses tell about the man and his wicked ways.
Old Testament Allusions
- Adversary Ps 74:8-10; Isa 59:19; Lam 4:11,12; Amos 3:11
- Assyrian Isa 10:5, 12; Micah 5:5, 6
- Belial Nahum 1:15
- Bloody and Deceitful Man Ps 5:6
- Branch of the Terrible Ones Isa 25:5
- Chief Prince Ex 38:2
- Crooked Serpent Job 26:13; Isa 27:1
- Cruel One Jer 30:14,23
- Destroyer of the Gentiles Jer 4:7
- Enemy Ps 55:3; Jer 30:14, 23
- Evil Man Ps 140:1
- Head over many countries Ps 110:6
- Head of Northern Army Joel 2:20
- Idol Shepherd Zech 11:16, 17
- King of Princes Hos 8:10
- King of Babylon Isa 14:11-20
- Little Horn Dan 7:8f; 8:9f
- Man of the Earth Ps 10:18
- Merchant, with balances of deceit Hos 12:7
- Mighty Man Ps 52:1
- Nail Isa 22:25
- Prince that shall come Dan 9:26
- Prince of Tyre Ezek 28:2-10
- Profane Wicked Prince of Israel Ezek 21:25-27
- Proud Man Hab 2:5
- Rod of Gods anger Isa 10:5
- Seed of the Serpent Gen 3:15
- Son of the Morning Isa 14:12
- Spoiler, Destroyer Isa 16:4,5
- Vile Person Dan 11:21
- Violent Man Ps 140:1f
- Wicked One Ps 9:17; 10:2,4; Isa 11:4; Jer 30:14, 23
- Wilful King Dan 11:36
New Testament Allusions
- Angel of the Bottomless Pit Rev 9:11
- Antichrist, (Pseudo-Christ) 1 Jn 2:22
- Beast Rev 11:7; 13
- False Prophet Rev 13
- Father of the lie Jn 8:44; 2 Thess 2:11
- Lawless One 2 Thess 2:8
- Man of Sin 2 Thess 2:3
- One come in his own name Jn 5:43
- Prince of Darkness 1 Thess 5
- Son of Perdition 2 Thess 2:3
- Star Rev 8:10; 9:1
- Unclean Spirit Mt 12:43
- Vine of the Earth Rev 14:18
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED