There are many online predictions that the Rapture will occur this year, 2022. I’ve seen the YouTube videos and read the articles that say it will happen in the fall, at the time of the Feast of Tabernacles with the blowing of the trumpet (they usually call it a shofar). While most are sincere people trying to understand the times and seasons, I do not believe they are correct regarding their reasoning about the year or the season.
At Reasons for Hope* Jesus, we have received emails asking about the time and the season, and because there is so much “talk” about this, I will share my reasoning on the subject.
I have shared several times that I believe The Rapture will take place at the time of the Feast of Shavuot, the time of Israel’s wheat harvest in the late spring/early summer. This harvest took place 50 days after the Feast of First Fruits, which we know as Resurrection Sunday, the year Jesus was crucified. (Read: Will the Rapture Occur at Pentecost (Shavuot)?) While the Jews call this feast “Shavuot” in Hebrew, we call it “Pentecost” from the Greek word pentekoste, which means fiftieth. Pentecost is when the Church was born. And for reasons stated in the article and in the PowerPoint slides available below, I believe it will be the time when the Church is raptured.
Just as Jesus completely fulfilled the Feast of Passover in His first coming, and He will completely fulfill the Feast of Tabernacles/Trumpets in His second coming, I believe The Rapture of the Church will completely fulfill the Feast of Shavuot (aka Pentecost). That feast was only partially fulfilled when Jesus “birthed” the Church. But when the Bridegroom comes for His betrothed Bride, the Church, and takes her to Heaven for the marriage of the Lamb, then Shavuot (aka Pentecost) will be completely fulfilled.
Remember, no one knows the exact time when The Rapture will occur. However, we can reason about the approximate time when it might happen. I’ve suggested what season I believe it will be. But what about the year?
I do not believe it will happen this year, as many are suggesting. That said, I truly hope I’m wrong! We all await the glorious appearing of our great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ. We await The Rapture.
So when do I think is most probable?
We know that God has worked throughout human history in patterns and with precision. The pattern of seven, representing completion and perfection, is found throughout the Bible. We read of it from the 7th day of the creation week, signifying both completion and rest, to the seven trumpet judgments at the end of the Tribulation that will bring the end and usher in the Millennial rest. (Read: The meaning of numbers in the Bible?)
Therefore, I believe there will be 7,000 years of human history.
With that in mind, we know there were 4,000 years from Adam to Jesus. And that there will be 1,000 years of the Millennial Reign. So that leaves 2,000 years for the Church Age.
Since the Church was born at Pentecost in 30 AD, or 33 AD (there are varying views about which year Jesus was crucified), and because the Church Age will be 2,000 years, then it’s probable to think the Church Age will end with The Rapture around 2030 or 2033.
Knowing, Waiting, and Watching
Please, don’t misunderstand me. We are not trying to “set a date.” This is only a reasoning based on knowing that we are living in the last days and the return of Christ for His Bride is imminent. How imminent, we do not know. So we wait and watch.
1 Cor 1:5, 7 That in every thing you are enriched by Him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge….waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:
Titus 2:12-13 …we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
He’s Coming Soon
The next event on the prophetic calendar is The Rapture. That will be followed by the Seventieth Week of Daniel (the 7-year tribulation; Read: What is the Seventieth Week of Daniel?), then the second coming of Christ to set up His Kingdom for 1,000 years (Read: End Times Views Chart) …and then eternity (Read: Why Does Heaven Need to be Created New (Isaiah & Revelation)?)
Even so, come, Lord Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. (Rev 22:20b-21)
BTW… I hope The Rapture will happen soon, but I know it will happen in God’s perfect time. And until that time, we have work to do. Tell someone about the saving grace of the Lord Jesus Christ before it’s too late — before The Rapture — before they are left behind.
PowerPoint Slides on The Rapture
In 2020, I taught a Bible study on the possibility of the Rapture occurring at Shavuot. Here are the PPT slides from that study.
Check out our other Bible study resources here.
Jesus is the Reason this Ministry Exists
We continue to reach people worldwide with the truths of God's Word and the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Your generosity is both a blessing and encouragement. Our mission is to glorify God by equipping, encouraging, and empowering YOU to understand the Bible and grow in faith. If our online resources have blessed you, please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus. Our ministry outreach has grown significantly and . . .
Please support Reasons for Hope* Jesus with a donation of $5, $10, $20, or more. A donation of any amount is needed and greatly appreciated.
CLICK TO DONATE
to Reasons for Hope*Jesus(a 501c3 Ministry)
Use a Credit Card or PayPal for safe, secure giving.
***A Hidden Message in Psalm 23?***
Hidden in the six verses of Psalm 23 are 11 names for Jesus. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you The Names of God in Psalm 23 PDF that reveals all 11 names and Scripture verses of comfort and hope (link will be sent in your confirmation email).
A Room with a View of Eternity—The Last Will & Testament of Jesus Christ Take a seat at the Master's table. Learn about the riches He gives to all who are His. This book will bless and encourage you, give you hope, and help you live in the joy of your salvation and the riches of Christ that are yours.
The Top Ten Got Questions? in 2022
- The Meaning of NUMBERS in the Bible?
- Was Jesus CRUCIFIED on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
- Did The Wise Men Arrive 12 DAYS AFTER JESUS’ BIRTH? Or Was It Much Later?
- How long did JOB SUFFER?
- What is the Significance of the Wise Men's THREE GIFTS? And were they kings?
- How are the Shepherd’s ROD and STAFF Different?
- Which Old Testament Book Did JESUS QUOTE most often?
- The Meaning of COLORS in the Bible?
- ONLY ONE LIFE, Twill Soon Be Past – by C.T. Studd (1860 – 1931)
- How was Jesus Like a Worm? What’s the CRIMSON (OR SCARLET) WORM in Psalm 22?
This is not a Got Questions? article. But it's so popular it ranked among the top pages viewed:
More Popular Got Questions
- Did Jesus Fight Satan to Take Back the KEYS of Death and Hell?
- How Did the Wise Men Know This Was the Messiah and KNOW TO FOLLOW HIS STAR?
- What do the 12 stones UNDER the JORDAN River mean? (Joshua 4)
- Jesus' Last Days TIMELINE: The Cross and The Crucifixion
- How Many MIRACLES Did Jesus Do?
- Is Leonard Cohen’s “HALLELUJAH” a Christian Song?
- Where did OT Saints go at death? ABRAHAM'S BOSOM?
- SIN, INIQUITY, TRANSGRESSION? How are they different?
- What are the NAMES of JEHOVAH Hidden in Psalm 23?
- Jesus in the Gospels: What are the Four Different Presentations of Jesus?
- If BAPTIZED as an Infant, Do I Need to Be Re-Baptized?
- Why Did God Create Man Knowing MAN WOULD SIN?
- What Did Jesus Say About HEAVEN (and HELL)?
- What are the “I Will ” STATEMENTS of Satan, God, and Jesus?
- Was MARY a LEVITE Making Jesus both a Priest and King?
- Why Was a RAM SACRIFICED in Genesis 22 Instead of a Lamb?
- Is Satan’s Real Name LUCIFER?
- Can Jews go to Heaven without knowing Jesus?
TOP TEN Videos from Reasons for Hope* Jesus
- Memorial Day BAGPIPES TRIBUTE: Amazing Grace
- RISE AND SHINE and Give God the Glory, Glory!
- WERE YOU THERE When They Crucified My Lord?
- PAUL HARVEY: THE BIRDCAGE
- PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN: A SOLDIER'S PLEDGE
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing -- CHARLIE BROWN Christmas
- JOHN WAYNE ~ WHY I LOVE AMERICA
- Jimmy Stewart - Nativity Scene Prayer: Mr. Krueger's Christmas
- THE LEGEND OF THE CANDY CANE - A Christmas Story to Share
- Not by Might, Not by Power, But BY MY SPIRIT says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- Erwin Lutzer - We Will Not Be SILENCED